Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Job Req ID: 509501
Position Number: 00171832
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 7:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday hours will vary
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Family Practice Center
Location: FM Huntersville Prof Center
Location Details: 101 E WT. Harris Blvd Suite 5002
Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Functions in the physician office or ambulatory care practice to provide nursing services in an office setting. Works as part of a care team to improve the execution of quality requirements, increase throughput, improve efficiency, and enhance the overall patient experience.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care or arrange for the provision of appropriate care, for patients, as pertinent to the scope of nursing practice and specialty of the office setting.
* Appropriately and accurately documents all patient care/interactions in patient medical record.
* Participates in telephone triage by obtaining clinically appropriate data and symptoms from the patient and advises and instructs patients according to established protocols and/or orders from the provider.
* Ensures that all ordered laboratory and diagnostic tests are tracked and logged, and that the provider is presented with all test results.
* Pre-visit planning with provider and care team
* Medication administration, including injections.
* Check vital signs, height, weight
* Assist with reviewing medication history and updating medication list.
* May assist with satisfaction of pertinent health maintenance requirements.
* Assists providers during procedures and examinations, and performs instrument and room clean-up.
* Utilizes standard precautions. Complies with CHS Policies; Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards; Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations; and The Joint Commission (TJC), Division of Facility Services (DFS), and other Regulatory Agency standards as applicable to the practice.
* Reports patient's condition and reaction to the provider following procedures, medication administration, or treatments.
* Assists with patient inquiries for prescription refills, appointment scheduling, and referral authorization as needed.
* Participates in electronic documentation of care at the direction of the provider.
* May enter orders in EMR (computerized physician order entry CPOE) per provider order.
* Completes Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) approved waived laboratory tests and practice-specific diagnostic testing; including Point of Care testing for Hemoglobin A1C and other Point of Care testing as applicable. Adheres to CLIA standards. Performs Quality Control and maintenance for Point of Care in-office lab procedures, as applicable.
* Performs venipuncture. May be required to assist with collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine and blood for laboratory testing. Completes lab requisitions and prepares specimens for pick-up.
* Provides patient with Depart Summary and review at the end of the visit.
* Responsible for all vaccine and pharmaceutical orders including North Carolina Immunization Registry (NCIR) and South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SC DHEC) regulations and monitoring inventory level of clinical supplies specific to the practice setting.
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Must speak, read, and write Basic English fluently. Intact senses of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Manual finger dexterity.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
Licensed Practical Nurse with current license to practice in NC or SC (dependent on the practice's physical location) required. Graduate of an Accredited School of practical nursing required. Previous medical office experience preferred. Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS cert required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Carolinas HealthCare System, one of the nation s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. Its diverse network of facilities includes academic medical centers, approximately 38 hospitals, freestanding emergency department, more than 700 physician practices, behavioral health center, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, hospice and palliative care services, and nursing homes.
For nearly 70 years, our system of exceptional facilities has been providing care that improves our community and the lives of our patients and employees.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, we are One team, delivering care through more than 11 million patient encounters. Our teammates share millions of reasons to be proud of their work and the contributions they make every day. We invite you to learn more about Carolinas HealthCare System, and discover all the possibilities ONE system has to offer.