Posted in Other 23 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Reporting to the SVP of Commercial Vaccines, and located in our Cambridge, Mass. corporate headquarters, the Head of Market Access will be responsible for developing and implementing access strategies and initiatives to help drive the successful launch and market adoption of several of Moderna s very first, ground-breaking vaccines that are aimed at serving critical unmet health needs around the world.
You ll focus on strategies to support a robust pipeline of messenger RNA infectious disease vaccines built on our revolutionary platform. You will both build and lead a high-performing Market Access team, and provide strategic leadership to ensure best-in-class access solutions to protect populations from vaccine-preventable diseases.
HERE S WHAT YOU LL DO:
* Build and lead the Market Access function in the newly chartered Vaccines commercial organization, with responsibility for creating and executing market access strategies for future Moderna products (initial focus will be on mRNA-1273 (COVID-19), CMV, Zika).
* Lead the internal cross functional team of government affairs, medical affairs, marketing, communications, tendering and pricing to develop and execute strategies that will enable Moderna to fullfil growth objectives while achieving its objectives to help protect populations from vaccines preventable diseases.
* Formulate the longer-term roadmap for the Market Access function at Moderna. This will include defining the Market Access team structure and capabilities, and building hiring plan for a high-performing team that will blaze trails in brand new markets and grow Moderna at an accelerated pace.
* Bring your passion for developing and ensuring access for vaccines by establishing and managing relationships across the complex vaccines ecosystem, including national and regional payers, insurance/managed care organizations and integrated delivery networks.
* Collaborate both inside and outside Moderna to leverage and implement reimbursement, managed care, payer and healthcare policies to meet market access business objectives including the implementation of effective tendering and contracting strategies.
* Ensure development and delivery of applicable value propositions, market access strategies, supportive market access evidence, evidence dossiers, and pricing strategies for Moderna products.
* Partner with internal Business Development to inform market access inputs for early-stage / targeted assets.
* Comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as all applicable healthcare laws and regulations.
HERE S WHAT YOU LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* Minimum of a bachelor s degree; MBA, PharmD, or advanced degree preferred;
* 15+ years of progressive experience within global sales, marketing, or market access, with 5+ years experience leading market access teams across a range of key areas (marketing, field team, trade and channel, pricing and contracting, and/or government payers) with public policy experience desirable.
* Track record of building and leading high-functioning and collaborative teams.
* Intense curiousity and drive to build something from the ground up, navigating all the requisite ambiguity and complexity that comes with creating a new team.
* Strong negotiating skills and ability to develop relationships and appropriately influence payers, policy makers, and other key external stakeholders.
* Previous experience developing and leading market access initiativees that supported successful product launches.
* Well-versed in payer strategies, engagement, contracting terms across various segments; including commercial, Medicare Part B & D, and Federal systems like DOD, VA.
* Strong understanding of key HEOR principles and familiarity with HEOR/P&R dossiers (e.g. AMCP, Global / Global Evidence Dossiers).
* Strong desire to excel and outperform to enable the company to achieve its corporate objectives while having a positive impact on population health.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and influencing skills across internal and external stakeholders.
HERE S WHAT WE LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* On-site subsidized cafeteria or catered lunches
* Company-provided iPhone
* Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
* Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
* Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
* 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
* 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
* 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
* Eligible for Moderna Month ? (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
* Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
* 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
* A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
* Voluntary legal assistance plan
* 15 days vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
Moderna is advancing messenger RNA (mRNA) science to create a new class of transformative medicines for patients. mRNA medicines are designed to direct the body s cells to produce intracellular, membrane or secreted proteins that can have a therapeutic or preventive benefit and have the potential to address a broad spectrum of diseases. The Company s platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, providing Moderna the capability to pursue in parallel a robust pipeline of new development candidates. Moderna is developing therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, independently and with strategic collaborators.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Moderna currently has strategic alliances for development programs with AstraZeneca, Plc. and Merck, Inc., as well as the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a division of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI). Moderna has been ranked in the top ten of Science s list of top biopharma industry employers for the past five years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.