Posted in Other 23 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Head, R&D Strategy, the Associate Director, R&D Strategy will drive the business assessment of development programs across therapeutic areas from a strategic, scientific, and financial perspective and synthesize findings in the context of Therapeutic Area (TA) and portfolio strategy. Working closely with senior leadership across Development and Medical functions, this position will play a key role in establishing and refining the Target Product Profile (TPP) and business case for Development Candidates (DCs). As a member of the program team, this position will ensure on-going alignment between program strategy and our broader portfolio strategy.
HERE S WHAT YOU LL DO:
* In close collaboration with the Program Leader and Medical Lead, expand and refine the TPP for early development programs to guide advancement of differentiated products that support commercial value
* Characterize the market opportunity through scientific literature, Key Opinion Leader (KOL) and internal subject matter expert interviews, competitive intelligence, and additional secondary sources
* Inform key assumptions for epidemiology and health economics modeling and analysis
* Develop market access approach, identifying key components of value dossier and tools to demonstrate value and incorporating payer and patient insights
* Outline early commercial strategy, including high-level positioning, pricing, and geographic considerations, and generate revenue forecast
* Collaborate with Medical and Regulatory Leads to inform clinical development plan and regulatory strategy from market access and commercial perspective
* In close collaboration with the Program Leader and TA Development Head, ensure on-going alignment of program strategy with TA and portfolio strategy
* Contribute to integrated TA strategy, spanning discovery through commercialization
HERE S WHAT YOU LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* 5 years of experience working for a clinical- or commercial-stage pharmaceutical/biotech company in strategy or corporate development, or similar experience in a professional services or investment capacity (e.g., management or strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity, or venture capital)
* PhD, MD, or PharmD preferred, with an understanding of drug development and value creation in the biopharmaceutical industry, and commitment to learn about the science behind our platform technology
* Ability to perform and synthesize in-depth analyses of indications, products, and therapeutic areas, to integrate analysis and broader context into a recommendation, and to defend recommendation in a respectful, objective manner
* Experience using databases: IQVIA, Cortellis, FactSet, EvaluatePharma, Clinicaltrials.gov
* Professional gravitas necessary to make impactful first impressions
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills to communicate across levels and to various audiences
* Embody the Moderna values: BOLD in challenging the status quo and having an independent view; RELENTLESS in overcoming obstacles and driving to conclusions; COLLABORATIVE in working with, learning from, and teaching others and pitching in to get team priorities over the line; and CURIOUS in learning about cutting-edge science
HERE S WHAT WE LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* On-site subsidized cafeteria or catered lunches
* Company-provided iPhone
* Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
* Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
* Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
* 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
* 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
* 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
* Eligible for Moderna Month ? (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
* Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
* 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
* A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
* Voluntary legal assistance plan
* 15 days vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
Moderna is advancing messenger RNA (mRNA) science to create a new class of transformative medicines for patients. mRNA medicines are designed to direct the body s cells to produce intracellular, membrane or secreted proteins that can have a therapeutic or preventive benefit and have the potential to address a broad spectrum of diseases. The Company s platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, providing Moderna the capability to pursue in parallel a robust pipeline of new development candidates. Moderna is developing therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, independently and with strategic collaborators.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Moderna currently has strategic alliances for development programs with AstraZeneca, Plc. and Merck, Inc., as well as the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a division of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI). Moderna has been ranked in the top ten of Science s list of top biopharma industry employers for the past five years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.