Posted in Other 22 days ago.
Type: Full Time
TYPE OF REQUISITION:Regular
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS:None
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN:None
SUITABILITY:No Suitability Required
PUBLIC TRUST/OTHER REQUIRED:Other
JOB FAMILY:Software Development
General Dynamics Information Technology has an immediate opportunity for a UI / UX Designer with the following duties and responsibilities included (but not limited to):
* Will serve as a designer in the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General (OIG) Application Integration Directorate, responsible for user experience and interface design
* Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
* Develop and maintain detailed user interface specifications
* Create user centered designs for software projects by considering customer feedback
* Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on device software applications
* Create and evaluate interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
* Breakdown complex requirements and concepts into well thought visual designs and workflows
* Ability to work collaboratively with developers, project managers, and cross functional teams to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals
* Experience creating UI specs & wireframes. Flexibility and willingness to move from idea, to whiteboard, to execution quickly.
* Participates in testing, validating own and others functionality
* At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
* Conceptual understanding of User Interface Design and the Design Process.
* Intermediate to advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite (or other designer tools)
* Intermediate level of HTML, CSS and Bootstrap
* Understanding of Less and Sass
* Understanding of responsive design and touch interface interaction techniques and be in sync with recent design standards and trends
* Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries.
* A solid portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user centered design solutions across multiple interfaces and screen sizes.
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:40
TELECOMMUTING OPTIONS:Telecommuting Not Allowed
WORK LOCATION:USA VA Arlington
ADDITIONAL WORK LOCATIONS:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.