Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Join a team that protects Honeywell against potential risks resulting from business transactions and provides leadership and guidance to sales and business executives. You are part of a team of business impact partners responsible for negotiating agreements with Honeywell customers. You ensure that final contractual documents drive growth and include deal parameters approved in accordance with respective approval processes. You ensure that Honeywell business is conducted with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with internal company policies and local and international laws.
Grow and develop your technical knowledge in a team-based culture focused on innovation and customer satisfaction.
Contribute to business growth by identifying and mitigating contractual risks.
Empower leaders to make informed and strategic decisions related to customer agreements.
The U.S. Government Contracts Manager for Honeywell Building Solutions' (HBS) Federal Team will report to the Assistant General Counsel & Director of Contract Management for HBS Americas. This position provides contract and compliance leadership and direction for the Federal Team, driving consistent policies and processes in support of business goals and objectives while at the same time working with its external customers and mitigating risk. The focus of this position will be on supporting the Federal Team's performance contracting business with the U.S. Government, as well as supporting the Federal Team's energy and other business pursuits. The position is expected to be based in HBS's Atlanta, Georgia office.
• Ensure implementation of sound contract management and risk assessment policies
• Draft and negotiate difficult and complex contractual provisions
• Provide consistent guidance for the Federal Team with respect to doing business with the U.S. Government, in particular with respect to performance contracting and energy-related pursuits
• Provide contract interpretation assistance to the Federal Team, in particular to the Operations team responsible for project execution
• Assist the Operations team with the drafting and review of proposed Modifications to underlying contracts
• Provide advice to the Operations team regarding contractual rights, remedies and potential defenses in the event of project delays or disputes
• Review claims (e.g., T4D, T4C, Cure Notice, Notice of Default, etc.) asserted by the U.S. Government and assist the Operations team with necessary responses thereto
• Assist with the preparation of affirmative claims (e.g., claim for relief/compensation, REAs, etc.)
• Assist Legal and the Operations team re: formal U.S. Government investigations
• Assist Legal and the Operations team re: formal dispute resolution processes (e.g., settlement conferences, Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, mediation, litigation, etc.)
• Train the Federal Team on terms and conditions, corporate policies, regulatory/compliance requirements and risk mitigation
• Develop and revise, as necessary, all standard contract documentation
• Advise and assist the Federal Team in opportunity assessment and risk mitigation
• Understand financial concepts (e.g., cash flow, ROI, etc.) and the impact of contract terms on such concepts and proposed projects
YOU MUST HAVE
5+ years of experience with the FAR and DFARS
5+ years U.S. Federal Government contracting and procurement experience
• Law degree (JD) strongly preferred
Ability to analyze, draft, and negotiate complex agreements
• Strong organization and project management skills
• Ability to develop innovative solutions
• Ability to lead and advise clients on negotiation strategies
• Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated leadership with results
• Attention to detail and ability to work across functions collaboratively
• Ability to drive efficiencies and process improvements
• Ability to research and analyze complex issues
• Experience with U.S. Government claims and dispute resolution processes
JOB ID: req235768
Location: 3079 Premiere Pkwy Ste 100,Duluth,Georgia,30097,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.