Reporting directly to the Chief Export General Counsel - the Assistant General Counsel for Sanctions will be a trusted partner and key advisor for sanctions-related aspects of our compliance portfolio including sanctions management and strategy, investigations, FCPA, export, and import/customs. They will influence internal and external parties and be the leading voice on complex global sanctions issues. They will implement integrated compliance systems and digital tools to provide advice for the businesses on how best to grow our product portfolios internationally.
• Serve as the primary owner of Honeywell's sanctions compliance program.
• Providing critical advice and direction on strategic sanctions-related M&A transactions perspective prior to, during, and after an acquisition.
• Managing, coordinating, and overseeing the work of outside counsel, forensic accountants, and other advisors to prepare deliverables and ensure concerns get addressed.
• Proactively identifying, evaluating, and managing sanctions risks in a way that enables the organization to deliver sustainable business growth.
• Working independently in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with tight deadlines.
• Serve as main contact point for company personnel, including senior company leaders (e.g., Chief Compliance Officer, Business Presidents, Salespeople), on sanctions issues
• Supervise and conduct customer and third-party due diligence on sanctions issues in conjunction with anticorruption and antitrust teams
• Ensure company's policies and procedures on sanctions are up to date and consistent with OFAC, BIS, DOJ, and other authorities' compliance program guidance
• Develop and provide training on sanctions and sanctions-related export compliance issues
• Lead/support investigations into sanctions and sanctions-related export control compliance issues
• Monitor and prepare summaries for senior stakeholders sanctions/export trade policy changes and trends that may impact Honeywell's business; identify opportunities to comment on proposed legislation and lead Honeywell's approach in conjunction with Government Relations.
• Lead periodic sanctions risk assessments and audits and direct program enhancements as appropriate
• JD, with strong preference for 5+ years of sanctions compliance experience at law firm or within the US government
JOB ID: HRD97648
Location: 300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600,Charlotte,North Carolina,28202,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.