Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Develops/designs the cardiovascular and Thoracic service line care delivery with the provider and facility transitioning the patient along the care continuum. Utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to ensure efficient, cost effective and high quality care. Designs an educational program focused towards the patient and family and includes the expectations of the patient care experience. Assists the patient with the development of realistic care goals to ensure optimization of function postoperatively. Develops continuing education offerings for staff, physician offices and other providers. Expands the Cardiovascular and Thoracic services within Saint Joseph Healthcare through the development and maintenance of relationships with referring physicians and the general public through the development of educational materials, networking and seminars.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Works to expand the cardiovascular and thoracic service line through networking and relationship development.
* Develops educational programs, materials and classes to increase the patient and family's knowledge of cardiovascular and thoracic care, expectations and recovery.
* Assists the patient in the development of care goals to maximize the patient's preoperative, post-operative functioning and patient's health outcomes.
* Provides continuing education to care providers through one on one education, participation in the orientation of all care providers and formal education offerings.
* Development of care pathways through the incorporation of evidence based practices to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
* Ensures compliance with CMS requirements and compliance standards.
* Plans and implements strategies supporting core measure compliance, high quality outcomes and enhance the patient experience.
* Assists in the evaluation of technology and equipment needs to assist in patient care and promotes the cardiovascular and thoracic service line program.
* Develops and supports an integrated care delivery model through the building of interdisciplinary collaboration from the preoperative period to the post-acute setting.
* Assists in establishing collaborative relationships between medical and nursing staff. In collaboration with Directors, Department Managers, and Service Excellence, follows up and resolves physician/patient issues and concerns.
* Research Joint Commission requirements for achieving Center of Excellence designation. Identify other successful cardiovascular and thoracic service line programs for both internal and external to CHI as models for Saint Joseph Healthcare Vascular Center of Excellence.
* Work collaboratively with cardiovascular and thoracic service line Council to identify and prioritize steps for achieving Center of Excellence designation and assets with implementation of approved programs.
* Recommend goals, benchmarks and timeliness necessary to be considered for Vascular Center of Excellence designation.
* Maintain current knowledge of new clinical technologies, changes in care delivery models and the emergence of new programs/therapies to ensure the program offers the leading-edge patient care experience in the region.
* Maintains flexibility to engage in projects, prioritization along with the ability for multi-tasking to achieve identified goals. Performs onsite visits, assessments, reports and serves as a liaison between providers, the hospital, and senior leadership.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Required Licensure and Certifications
Current Kentucky license to practice as a registered nurse.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
3-5 years RN experience in a clinical or hospital setting required with at least 2 years of experience with cardiovascular and thoracic.
Masters of Science in Nursing or appropriate clinical specialty area preferred.Equal Opportunity
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.