Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Supervisor Logistics is responsible for supervising, coordinating and overseeing the logistics operations and providing coaching, development and training to the staff members. S/He must be able to provide recommendations for improvements to the facility, equipment, machinery, and processes. S/He is accountable that the staff is performing to standard and has to ensure that progress is made to achieve the business objectives.
* Manage the customers J.I.T. inbound movement of production material and outbound flow of all dunnage in an efficient manner according to predetermined parameters, while reacting to day to day logistics exceptions
* Meet regularly with Central Engineering and Logistics team, to review current Logistics requirements and performance to Cube Utilization targets as well as review and develop future Logistics needs based on Customer requirements
* Ensure carrier compliance to a predetermined set of parameters, conduct OS&D investigations, manage Carrier Claim process
* Provide regular, timely reports and accountable for onsite Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
* Plan, conduct and review safety audits and cube utilization audits, ensuring all parameters are met and continuous improvement initiatives are followed
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
* Instills commitment to organizational goalsStrong planning skills
* Results oriented with high degree of initiative
* Effective leadership skillsMotivating skills
* Effective interpersonal skillsDiverse team environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Possesses a high degree of initiative
* Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
* Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
* Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
* Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
* College degree/Technical Certification required Business, Logistics, Transportation or a related field. Combination of other education and experiences will be considered
* Three (3) years or more Experience in a similar Transportation/Logistics related field required
* Three (3) years or more Experience in utilizing Excel VLookups, Macros and Formulas required
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.