Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK:
We are looking for an inspiring, creative and senior design leader that has the experience to head design for our North American Business Area. The successful individual will work in close collaboration with the local leadership to ensure sustainable Branded User Experiences across all physical and digital product and service platforms.
The position, located in Charlotte, NC, and part of the Global Design Leadership Team and the local Consumer Experience teams, primarily responsible for the Frigidaire Brand and the Electrolux Brand within the North American region.
DESIGN AT ELECTROLUX
Design at Electrolux is a global community of 200 multi-disciplinary professionals operating in over 7 locations worldwide. The aim is to design meaningful and sustainable consumer experiences (products, services and interactions) in tight partnership with the different Business Units / Areas. We strive for a Global mindset, integral success and our approach, Human Touch, is iterative, research based and collaborative.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
Direct and orchestrate the organization regarding experience innovation, operational effectiveness & functional development giving focus to:
* Brand Design Guardianship, safeguard the Design DNA and the ambition of each Brand by bringing it to life through strategic & creative direction setting;
* Design Experience, orchestrate the digital & physical world of our solutions, products and services across different interfaces such as product UI, apps, and websites to ensure they connect well with the manifestation of the Brand;
* Design Quality, drive excellent output by bringing science to the subjectivity of appeal, fit-feel-finish and usability across digiphysical experiences;
* Design Advocacy, delivering best practice in design and brand stewardship. Enabling the design team to successfully promote the commercial value of design and consumer centricity to the wider organization; and
* Circular Design, influence & lead the behavioral shift of making sustainable choices easy.
* Success is demonstrated through a strategic vision, catalyzed into action, which is also promoted to the wider organization with clarity and purpose.
Strategic Direction Setting
* Drive ideation based on both insights and foresights to identify product and market opportunities, inspire creativity and fuel innovation generation plans for a sustainable future.
* Use generative research methods to inform ideation and iterate conceptual ideas.
* Develop brand design strategies that support and reinforce brand identity.
* Communicate design vision at all levels, internally and externally.
* Constantly inspire, coach and educate designers, peers and other leaders.
* Position Electrolux as a recognized leader in design amongst our NA competitors.
* Lead, delegate, empower, coach and develop people.
* Develop and maintain a medium to long-term plan to develop and attract the required disciplines, capabilities and skills.
* Lead a curriculum of personal development to tactically grow design skills across the team leverage local as well as global opportunities.
* Leverage problem solving methodologies and facilitate multi-functional team members towards shared & ambitious goals.
* Ensure high-quality design output, respecting business requirements, brand values, design excellence and deadlines.
* Set goals for the design team aligned with the strategic business plan.
* Ensure that all products meet the predefined levels of design content.
* Identify process improvement opportunities and implement relevant design processes to manage the supply of design resource.
* Manage budgets and schedules for all projects, communicate progress and/or any deviation from approved plans, schedules, and budgets.
* Provide design leadership in the area of Connected/IoT products with a clear focus on relevant consumer benefits
* Strive for best-in class design solutions to meet or exceed the needs of our targeted consumers, taking internal and external stakeholders in consideration.
* Incorporate Design Quality thinking and methodologies regarding appeal, usability and fit-feel-finish and identify consumer relevant requirements.
* Keen interest and awareness of Circular Economy business model development.
* Aware of the importance of whole system design to ensure that efficiencies in one part of the system do not create problems elsewhere.
* Aware of product design for repair, reuse, remanufacture and life cycle assessment Service Design and 2nd life business models.
* Aware of methodologies to influence sustainable consumer behavior.
* Knowledge of sustainable materials and processing techniques.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree
* 10+ years relevant design leadership experience.
* Extensive Design Leadership experience and strong track record gained through a series of increasingly responsible roles involving leading and motivating large and complex teams.
* Understanding of profit & loss and ability to apply this into the design of new products.
* Business acumen and understanding of sales and marketing processes.
* Solid understanding of design methods, tools and processes.
* Understanding of engineering, tooling and market inputs.
* Good evidence of professional success (e.g. Design Awards, articles/reviews).
* Ability to transfer good design into manufacturable products.
* Understanding the importance of good design and brand values, and their impact on the business.
WHO YOU ARE
* With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
* You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
* You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
* You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
* You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
Electrolux Home Products, Inc., together with its parent companies; affiliates; subsidiaries and divisions (collectively referred to as Electrolux ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local law.