Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Want to hear something crazy* Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%* PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say parking is our industry but people are our passion. Our mission is to create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients . If you re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
Directs the Accounts Receivable department by establishing and maintaining an organization's collections principles, practices, and procedures. Oversees the preparation and evaluation of budgets and other financial operating reports and presents findings and recommendations to senior management. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Lead and direct the Accounts Receivable function for the company, which includes inter-company accounting, AR management/reconciliation and reporting
* Understand, implement, and deliver all requirements that are outlined within the contractual agreement between LAZ Parking and our clients.
* Act as a liaison between multiple constituents including senior leadership, regional office teams, and clients.
* Communicate pertinent and routine information to senior leadership related to potential collections issues impacting cash flow.
* Manage oversight of the development and implementation of procedures/policies that assist with the supervision of all the finance, accounting, and data management teams.
* Assist Accounts Receivable team with daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reporting as required.
* Serve as a liaison to various stakeholder groups who are impacted by the financial operations of the parking operation (and vice versa).
* Create and implement process efficiencies that drive reduced A/R balances and enhance productivity within the A/R department.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* BA/BS in Accounting required. MBA preferred.
* Proficiency in developing, maintaining, and strengthening policies and procedures.
* Experience with interviewing and hiring staff.
* Ability to lead department staff or a team and delegate effectively and appropriately.
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; must be able to work well with all levels of employees.
* Ability to stay organized, multi-task, and adhere to key deadlines in a fast-paced and growing environment.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills required, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
* Travel may be required for new location start-ups/transitions.
* Prior experience managing large-scale technology implementations
* 10-15 years experience in an Accounts Receivable environment, including management/supervisory experience.
* Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FSLA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.