Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
For this role we are seeking a Product Management Leader with experience in Solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity for a business leader with an entrepreneurial spirit as our Solutions team is newly created and growing quickly. In this role you will lead the product management strategy in our Financial Reporting, Integrated Risk, and Global Statutory Reporting business units.
The VP of Product Management defines global product strategy and influences business strategy through organizational leadership and management. The role develops key strategies solving critical problems, and drives them to success through advocacy, influence, and direction. The VP leads multiple major products or major business units and performs a strategic role in identifying macro-trends in product development and customer needs across a wide range of products and customers.
Product Management Oversight: Oversees the work of the Product Management team, identifying macro-trends in the identification of business needs and related software product requirements with a focus on the needs of the broader customer base
* Manages global product launches from end-to-end
* Defines and drives global strategic product goals or initiatives
* Ensures synchronization of customer discovery across multiple related teams to ensure macro-trends are clearly identified across the customer base
* Encourages growth, innovation, and collaboration so that product managers and their teams are operating at a high level of performance
* Ensures consistency across products throughout the company
* Communicates strategic purposes and focus for product development across Product Managers and related Product Development teams
* Prioritizes initiatives based on the strategic objectives of Product Management and the company s objectives
* Act as Product Management subject matter expert to share best practices across the company
Stakeholder Relationship Management: Fosters relationships with internal teams to ensure successful delivery of the product
* Partners with functional, engineering, and product executives across the company
* Collaborates with Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Professional Service teams to ensure that customer requirements are fully met
* Influences future business strategy at the leadership and executive level
People Management: Builds a strong sustainable organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent and rewarding superior performance of teams and individuals
* Provides employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities to enhance their skills, motivation, and performance
* Maintains an atmosphere of respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, good humor, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill the company vision
* Matches staff skills and talent to tasks to ensure optimal engagement and performance
* Rewards superior team and individual performance in ways that enhance employee engagement, commitment, and satisfaction
* Establishes and maintains relationships and effectively communicates with customers, business unit leaders and senior management to raise visibility and ensure collaboration with appropriate key stakeholders
* Manages operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
* 15+ years of progressive relevant experience in Solutions Product Management, preferably in the software development or technology industry
* 5 years of people management experience - IE: Coaching and developing your Product Management team
* Entrepreneurial experience managing multiple functions of an operation
* Proven success driving product strategy and product releases in a comparable environment
* Knowledge and experience working in an Agile development environment a plus
* Knowledge and experience in the areas of accounting and financial reporting a plus
* Undergraduate degree with a strong preference for an MBA
* Ability to multi-task to meet tight deadlines
* Expertise in product development from conception to market
* Proven track record of leading and developing high performing product teams
* Ability to collaborate with and influence executive leadership
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate across the organization with all levels of leadership and management
* Up to 25% travel and occasionally more during product launches
WHERE YOU LL WORK
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we ve created.
* CUSTOMER SUCCESS: Always delight our customers.
* TRUST: Rely on each other.
* INTEGRITY: Do the right thing, every time.
* COLLABORATION: Share resources and work together.
* INNOVATION: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
* INCLUSION: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you ll enjoy:
* FANTASTIC BENEFITS: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
* CASUAL DRESS: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
* INVOLVEMENT: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
* WORK-LIFE BALANCE: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
LEARN MORE: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. .