Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At WellStar, we all share common goals. That s what makes us so successful and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Care Partner (CP) is a support care provider who functions under the direction of the clinical nurse (Registered Professional Nurse). The CP primary focus will be to promote a positive patient experience by partnering with the patient, family and other health care providers to provide excellence in customer service and assistance with daily living activities and comfort measures. The CP assists other health care providers with safe, age appropriate and culturally aware care by performing basic patient care functions; i.e. ADLs, ambulation, vital signs, approved advanced technical procedures; i.e. phlebotomy, simple treatments, dressing changes, oral suctioning, and discontinuing Foley catheters; transporting supplies/equipment/patient medications. May be required to support clinical care by performing clerical functions including computer order entry, retrieval of data, maintaining unit supplies, transporting supplies / equipment/patient medications, preparing and maintaining patient charts, providing customer service and acting as the central communication source on the nursing unit and other activities as necessary. The CP must be able to work in a fast paced environment which requires multi-tasking activities and ongoing communication with the registered nurse. Must be able to perform under stressful conditions with a compassionate, respectful and helpful manner. Must be able to take direction from a variety of care providers. Must be organized with excellent communication skills.
Required Minimum Education
* High school diploma or equivalent from accredited program
Required Minimum Experience
* Six (6) months clinical experience in acute care setting, long-term care facility, physician office/clinic, or other direct clinical patient care experience or minimum one (1) semester clinical in an Associate or Baccalaureate degree nursing program.
* Ability to enter information into an electronic medical record
* Basic medical terminology
Preferred Minimum Experience
* One year experience and/or certification as a Medical Assistant
Required Minimum Certification
* Must have a valid/current BLS card from the American Heart Association by the first day of employment.
* Ability to read, write and speak the English language
* Basic computer skills; Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
* Ability to collaborate with other health care providers in the provision of patient care; Ability to multi-task essential; Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential
* Strong detail orientation; Personal time management skills
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!