Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve YOUR LIFE S BEST WORK.(SM)
The MEDICAL ASSISTANT (MA) participates in providing patient care at the appropriate skill level. They have a duty to provide a standard of care that meets or exceeds that of a reasonably competent and knowledgeable Medical Assistant. The MA performs duties within their scope of practice delegated by, and under the supervision of, a provider or physician.
* Assist physicians and nursing personnel with injections, EKGs, phlebotomy and other patient care procedures
* Maintain established quality control standards
* Record and process patient care documentation quickly and accurately
* Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
* Organize, stock and clean exam and treatment rooms and sterilize instruments
* Maintains quality control standards and required Medical Assistant and CPR certifications
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* High school graduate or GED equivalent
* Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or the ability to obtain the certification within 180 days of employment. Medical Assistants who are hired prior to receiving their certification are expected to perform at the same level as a \\"certified\\" Medical Assistant
* Current BLS certification (through an approved American Heart Association Training Center or the Military Training Network) at time of hire or within 30 days of hire
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor s diagnosis of disease
* 1+ year of experience as a Medical Assistant or related experience in a medical setting
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
* ICD-9/10 and CPT coding experience
* Microsoft experience
* Travel (if applicable) - Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
CAREERS WITH WELLMED. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do YOUR LIFE\'S BEST WORK.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Medical Assistant, MA, Registered Medical Assistant, RMA, WellMed