Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
You have high standards. So do we. Here at Optum, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. You'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
The Child Welfare Liaison will support strong communications and effective working relationships between the Optum Alaska Administrative Services Organization (ASO), the Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice systems, Providers, target populations of Medicaid recipients and other stakeholders in Alaska s behavioral healthcare delivery system.
The Child Welfare Liaison will focus on establishing an enhanced set of benefits for target populations of Medicaid recipients, including children and adolescents who are interacting or at risk of interacting with the child welfare system or the Division of Juvenile Justice system. The Liaison will collaborate with agencies and organizations in joint efforts to bring more effective and coordinated services to Alaska Participants, and will outline available services, referral processes and exchange key contact information with social service agencies to support a coordinated approach to treatment planning and service delivery.
If you are in Alaska, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
* Work with facilities and Care Management and Utilization Management teams in regard to discharge planning
* Speak with members to assess needs and barriers to care, and act as an extension to providers in scheduling appointments
* Work with Participant to suggest alternative methods of treatment, both traditional and non-traditional
* Offer telehealth options for non-clinical conversations and support
* Partner with Peer Support Specialist in educating and referring the community to local Mental Health First Aid trainings and Question, Persuade and Refer (QPR) training on laww.com
* Work with Provider Relations team to increase provider capacity and support
* Use evidence-based screening instruments to assess high risk members
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* 4-Year degree or higher (in Psychology, Nursing, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling; OR Licensed Ph.D.
* 3+ years of experience in behavioral health
* 3+ years of experience working with the Public Sector community
* Experience working within Alaska s Child Welfare System or the Division of Juvenile Justice system
* Proficiency in MS Office applications
* Bilingual (Alaska Native)
* Master s Degree
* Current, unrestricted license to practice independently in the state of residence
* Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
* Experience in Case Management or Utilization Review in a managed care setting
* Knowledge of CPT/HCPCS codes
* Strong communication skills, written and verbal
* Ability to balance contractual and clinical considerations
* Ability to establish and maintain strategic relationships with facilities senior leadership
The health system is moving ahead. You can too as you help us build new levels of provider network performance. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing YOUR LIFE\'S BEST WORK.(SM)
CAREERS WITH OPTUM. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do YOUR LIFE\'S BEST WORK.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.