Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Director, Regional Market Access Southeast will be responsible for appropriate Market Access with commercial payers, public payers and regional IDN s for Alexion portfolio of products. The role reports to the Senior Director, U.S. Market Access and Reimbursement.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES * Develops strategies to ensure appropriate access for Alexion portfolio of products and indications with regional Payers, PBMs, IDNs and public payers
* Develops, implements and influences collaborative plans for specific payers and support efforts related to the development or implementation of any coverage policies for Alexion products
* Coordinates efforts with commercial and medical affairs colleagues, market access marketing and other internal/external stakeholders to support patient access with 3rd party payers
* Engages medical affairs to develop strategies to support access to Alexion products for appropriate patients
* Represents Alexion at local market meetings, key conferences, and association meetings
* Supports U.S. commercial goals and objectives
* Works with the highest degree of professionalism and in accordance with the company s code of Ethics and Business Conduct
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS * Bachelor s Degree in a relevant field
* 10 plus years experience in pharmaceutical industry
* Successful track record in market access account management, reimbursement/access management and/or sales leadership
* Proven experience with gaining access in challenging situations
* Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
* Clinical, technical and scientific knowledge and aptitude in complex disease state
* Effective administrator who efficiently manages time, resources and workload
* Proven ability to manage large geographical territory
* Valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Travel requirements: Willing to travel at least 60% of the time including significant overnight and weekend travel
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS * Advanced degree (MS, PhD, or MBA)
* Biotech specialty/rare disease experience
* Established payer relationships with targeted payers in assigned regions
* Payer contracting experience in the specialty/rare disease market
* Reimbursement/Payer Account experience in specialty products with Medicare Part A, Part B, Part D and Medicaid; orphan drug experience preferred
* Previous experience in payer/corporate accounts
Geography responsibility: FL, GA, TN, SC, NC, Puerto Rico. It is preferred that the candidate lives in the US states listed here.
Field, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes two approved complement inhibitors to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) as well as the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG) and neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing several mid-to-late-stage therapies, including a second complement inhibitor, a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease and an anti-neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn) antibody for rare Immunoglobulin G (IgG)-mediated diseases as well as several early-stage therapies, including one for light chain (AL) amyloidosis and a second anti-FcRn therapy. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World s Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.