Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
DID YOU KNOW?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you re more than an employee. You re an Ambassador And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The Purchasing Specialist will be a part of a team responsible for Procurement activities with a focus on executing the procure-to-pay process in compliance with SEA policies and procedures for the Culinary Operations department.
The Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for the timely issuance of purchase orders from approved requisitions and assisting the Supply Chain Manager in the execution of Sourcing projects.
The role requires excellent customer service skills as the Purchasing Specialist will be required to interact both inside and outside of the Supply Chain Management organization to include all levels of the company
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must have at least three years of experience in structured supply management organization; preferably in a food related field
* Must have a solid understanding of supply chain management processes with an emphasis on procure-to-pay (P2P) and competitive bidding
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information and respond professionally to questions from leadership, vendors or ambassadors
* Must be able to multi-task and adapt to changes in a fast paced work environment
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively with a team
* Must proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Must have experience with SAP or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
* Must demonstrate willingness to attain/maintain Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification through the Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
* Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to understand Cost of Sales and forecasting processes
* Bachelor s degree in related field preferred
* Professional certification, such as CPSM or CPM preferred
* Execute P2P process in compliance with SEAs policies and procedures; generate POs to secure products in quantities aligned with park demand
* Provide administrative support with the Culinary Food Replenishment System to include leading ambassador training, updating system pars, and maintaining order books and user base
* Review requisitions for compliance, completeness and accuracy; ensure order quantities are in line with attendance based forecasting while taking into account vendor lead time and product shelf life
* Ensure product descriptions match material master descriptions; maintain record accuracy
* Source products and conduct bid process for assigned products following established guidelines
* Maintain strong working relationships with Culinary Operations teams; assist with equipment placement and service issues
* Assist with implementation of tools, systems and best practices to optimize cycle times and drive efficiencies through automation (SAP, SEApass, CertFocu, EDI, ERS)
* Support menu and product development initiatives as assigned
* Coordinate with warehouse on storage planning and address any problems encountered with items received; work towards resolution with vendors
* Maintain open communication with Strategic Sourcing, Accounts Payable and other in-park contacts
* Assist with implementation of national contracts and identification of products that are available to optimize cost of sales (COS); understand contractual terms and conditions for effective transactions
* Comply with SEA/P2P standard procurement policies/procedures and execute supplier enablement activities on company systems
* Assist with running and analyzing KPI s designed to help monitor Culinary cost of sakes
* Participate in professional development activities
* Perform other duties as assigned