Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ELECTRONIC MEASUREMENT EQUIPMENT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1201000 and is part of the HI CSMS 1, National Guard.
LOCATION: Combined Support Maintenance Shop #1 (CSMS 1), Hawaii Army National Guard, Kapolei, Hawaii
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The purpose of this position is to perform calibration, diagnostics repair, and certification of electronic, mechanical, and radiation Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE). * Calibrates and repairs TMDE within support capability and authority including various levels of calibration as designated in technical bulletins, manuals, etc.
* Sets up system test sets and various types of test equipment such as frequency meters, standing wave ratio meters, radio frequency (RF) power meters, function/ arbitrary waveform generator, distortion analyzers, time frequency work stations, oscillators, voltmeters, electronic counters, oscilloscopes, attenuators, decade resistors and capacitors, signal generators, stroboscope, tachometers, pneumatic and hydraulic pressure standards and other physical and electronic tests.
* Following repair, tests by applying signals in known amplitude and wave shape into oscilloscopes to observe wave pattern.
* Determines purpose in operation characteristics of each major section.
* Completes necessary Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS), calibration, radiation reports and other records and forms on work completed.
* Follows appropriate safety procedures, with special care being exercised while calibrating high voltage, radio frequency, radioactive sources and high-pressure instruments and gages.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description (D1201000) located online, on the FASCLASS website.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT * NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
* This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
* Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
* Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
* Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
* Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
* Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
* May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
* Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
* Submit all documents/application NLT midnight Eastern Standard Time.
* Must be in the grade of WO1-WO2 or E1-E6.
IF YOUR RESUME DOES NOT INCLUDE A NARRATIVE DESCRIPTION OF HOW YOU MEET THE GENERAL, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS, YOU MAY LOSE CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION. ENSURE THAT THE QUESTIONNAIRE IS COMPLETED ON APPLICATION MANAGER.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE : Experience or training which demonstrates a working knowledge of electronic principles involved in the generation and measurement of such elements as voltage, current, impedance, capacitance, frequency, and inductance. Experience in the use of various precision measurement instruments and standards.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must has at least 18 months of experience or training with basic application of operating principles such as the production and utilization of oscillations over a broad range of frequencies; signal and waveform behavior, distortion, and amplification; pulse, trigger, and synchronization techniques; digital/analog processing and data conversion techniques; and a variety of display and indication methods. Experience in tracing signals and voltage paths, and skilled in the analysis of waveform characteristics such as timing, duration, frequency, and phasing. Originates test set-ups to isolate malfunctions and check performance characteristics of special or unique test panels or mockups. Experience in interpreting and applying a variety of technical electronic information such as schematic symbols, mathematical expressions and formulas, calibration procedures, and other reference materials. Experience in applying established techniques and methods of repair, testing, alignment, and calibration of equipment, which serves as test equipment or precision measurement standards. Experience in utilizing electronic circuits to measure electronic or electrical quantities to determine the performance characteristics and accuracy of other instruments and equipment.
PHYSICAL EFFORTS : Work is performed in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods, requiring frequent bending, reaching, stretching, climbing, and crouching. Works in cramped or awkward positions, on top of and under equipment. Performs strenuous work while standing, lying, or sitting. Frequently lifts and handles items weighing up to 40 pounds, or occasionally heavier items, with the assistance of other workers. Work requires sitting for extended periods of time, and frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, and stooping. May work from ladders and platforms, at varying heights.
WORKING CONDITIONS : Work is normally performed in well lighted, humidity and temperature controlled shops. There are dangers from high voltage electrical shock, RF energy, radiation exposure and contamination, burns from soldering irons, high-pressure air and high-pressure hydraulics. Frequently exposed to the possibility of cuts, burns, or bruises, and sprains while repairing, positioning, and moving equipment. May use safety equipment for extended periods such as protective ear devices, eye protection, hard hats, hard-toe shoes, respirators, and protective clothing.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
MILITARY TECHNICIAN COMPATIBILITY POSITION: Prior to placement in this position, the selected applicant must be assigned to an appropriate military position and must meet the definition of a dual status technician in accordance with 32 U S C 709.
NOTES TO CANDIDATES:
a. Situations of inversion of military rank are not permitted, i.e., a military technician may not be militarily senior to his or her full-time supervisor.
b. Authorization for payment of PCS expenses will be granted only after determination is made that payment is in the best interest of the Hawaii National Guard.
c. In addition to your application, documents of last performance appraisal, past civilian performance, letter of