Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
ROLE SUMMARY: We are seeking a key Quality Assurance Manager who will perform best-in-class Quality assessment for the GE Additive Software products and will ensure that the quality of the products meet our quality criteria. As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will work closely with the Product Management, Software Development Engineering, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand the product vision, requirements and customer usage models and develop appropriate test strategies
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: * The successful Quality Assurance Manager has strong customer focus and is obsessed with continuous quality improvement; they are experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for feature testing and regression.
* Define functional testing scenarios based on industrialization strategy and functions specifications and by using cases (customer scenarios) corresponding to functionalities to be tested.
* Manage and Communicate Quality status and test results and Escalate issues and priority arbitration to stakeholders & management.
* Define recovery plans with Development teams.
* Participate in the Go/No Go decision.
* Monitor and control testing process: steer in details QA activities, the quality improvement.
* Follow up execution of the industrialization plan according to the defined gates.
* Capitalize on feedback from incidents reported by customers to continuously improve the testing process (content and efficiency).
* Execute testing: Run defined scenarios (acceptance, convergence & non-regression) on several environments.
* Identify and qualify bugs and non-conformity areas.
* Document issues through Incident Reports raised to Development teams for resolution.
* Develop strong QA test strategy to continuously test and allow flawless continuity in the delivery cycle that minimizes risks, reduces costs, and accelerates time to market.
* Focus efforts on automation and testing strategies for continuous integration.
* Cover broad spectrum of tests including functional, performance, UI, API and more along with regression tests to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
* Lead testing on all cloud environments: Cover Functional (System tests, Acceptance Tests & InterOp) & Non-functional (Multi-Tenancy, Scalability, Security, Data integrity).
* Explore tools/processes to optimize efficiency of cloud validations to make it flexible, scalable, and reduce costs.
* Manage a team of remote QA engineers.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: * Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related fields.
* 8+ years of Quality Assurance experience in Agile Development Environment.
* Good problem solving and analytical thinking.
* Strong written and oral skills.
* Competencies in the following: Functional Testing, Performance Testing, Usability Testing, Web-App Testing, Mobile App Testing, Cloud Testing, R&D methods, process & tools, User experience, and DevOps.
* Experience leveraging test automation tools
* Web security experience is preferred.
* Experience in testing 3D Design, Simulation, PLM and 3D printing software tool are a major advantage
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS: * Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
* Effective problem identification and solution skills.
* Proven analytical and organizational ability.