Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Investigate methods for extracting unique information out of remotely sensed data and developing algorithmic methods for consistently and accurately processing archives of data. Develops image processing routines and advanced algorithms for today s remote sensing systems. Investigates, analyzes and provides solutions to complex problems encountered by engineering services and quality control using standard engineering practices. Authors technical documents and presentations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: * Knowledge of remote sensing systems
* Utilize image processing techniques and software tools.
* Use ground processing architectures and image processing algorithms for passive remote sensing systems
* Develop solutions for customers, e.g. image processing algorithms, engineering tools to interrogate/measure various characteristics of image data.
* Develop engineering-level (not production-level) software in Python, C, C++, IDL, or Matlab
QUALIFICATIONS: * Bachelor s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
* Secret Clearance
* Experience with ENVI/IDL programming, MATLAB, Python, UNIX based scripting, and/or C++ programming.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS: * TS/SCI Clearance
* Experience working with remotely sensed data from airborne and space platforms
* Knowledge of passive remote sensing systems
* Past working experience with US government agencies
* Experience working with remote teams
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.