Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Refuse Collector - Full-time - M -F (7am -4pm)
This is an excellent opportunity for a dependable worker who will enjoy a friendly work environment and great benefits. The City of Goose Creek offers an excellent benefits package. The City offers State of South Carolina benefit programs which has affordable premiums and low deductibles. Individual medical, dental, life, disability is offered at no cost to the employee. The Cityoffers a full complement of benefits to include medical, dental, vision, disability, $5,000 tuition reimbursement, annual leave, sick leave, 10 holidays, flexible spending accounts, company-paid life and disability, wellness program with time off, optional 401k/457 plans with company matching funds after 12 months of employment, accident/illness policies and much more.
DEPARTMENT:Department of Public Works
JOB SUMMARY:This position is responsible for the removal of household refuse and debris in the City. A CDL is desirable and has a higher salary. The City will train employees to obtain a CDL.
HOURS: MONDAY TO FRIDAY FROM 7AM to 4PM
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Removes household refuse from residences.
* Removes yard debris from residences.
* Removes metal or white goods (bulky items) from residences.
* Assists driver with routine maintenance and cleaning of vehicles and tools to include pressure washing and sanitizing.
* Serves as back up to co-workers.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED preferred.
* One year experience as a refuse collector preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of truck operation, to include the moving parts and operation of the tippers.
* Knowledge of safety practices involved in refuse collection.
* Knowledge of routes.
* Knowledge of department policies and procedures.
* Skill in the use of hand tools, to include shovel, rake and pitchfork.
* Ability to perform heavy lifting.
* Ability to operate a pressure washer.
The work is heavy and requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force or more frequently to move objects and the following physical abilities: balancing, crouching, fingering, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, lifting, mental acuity, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
The work is typically performed outdoors with constant exposure to traffic, noise, dirt, grease, contagious or infectious diseases, irritating chemicals, broken glass, insects and inclement weather. The employee frequently lifts heavy and light objects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were written out in this job description.
IF A CONDITIONAL OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS MADE, APPLICANT(S) MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS A BACKGROUND SCREENING, PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST AND PHYSICAL (IF REQUIRED BY THE POSITION). ADDITIONAL TESTING IS REQUIRED FOR SPECIFIED POSITIONS AND POLICE DEPARTMENT APPLICANTS.
APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN ONLINE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED. CANDIDATE RESUMES SENT THROUGH JOB SEARCH ENGINES ARE NOT CONSIDERED.