Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
TestPros is a successful and growing business, established in 1988 to provide Information Technology (IT) technical support services to a wide range of Commercial and U.S. Federal, State, and Local Government customers. Our capabilities include Program Management, Program Oversight, Process Audit, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Security, NIST SP 800-171 Assessment and Compliance, Computer Forensics, Software Supply Chain Assurance, Software Testing, Test Automation, Section 508 and WCAG Accessibility Assessment and Remediation, Localization Testing, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Quality Assurance (QA), Compliance, and Research and Development (R&D) services. TestPros is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TestPros is seeking an experienced Optical Engineer Scientist for a Senior level position in King George, Virginia.
Position Type: Full-time
Location: King George, VA
Clearance: Top Secret or ability to obtain one
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: * Research, design, analyze, build, integrate, and test laser and optical systems in laser weapon systems and leverage expertise in different laser and optical approaches, algorithms, requirements, and dependencies.
* Analyze the development of laser weapon requirements from operational requirements, including output power, beam quality, jitter, atmospheric compensation, size, weight, prime power, and cooling.
* Research applicable technologies, analyze the development of plans and the building and integration of laser systems, including laser sources, fast steering mirrors, optics mountings, telescopes, sensor mounts, exit windows, optical benches, and gimbals, design, develop, test, and document internal and external interfaces, and evaluate options to achieve requirements, including operating in stressing environments, survivability, maintainability, reliability, and operability.
* Conduct jitter, finite element, thermal, stress or strain, and packaging analysis and design issue resolution, as needed.
* Assist with component or material selection and predictions of laser and environmental effects on materials and structures based on thermal loading, including developing requirements and designing opto-mechanical layouts for all optical components from concept to hardware.
* Develop and apply advanced optical engineering design methods, theories, and research techniques to the investigation and solution of complex and advanced problems.
* Investigate tests of considerable complexity pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes, investigate possible applications of results, and review literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
B.A. or B.S.
Top Secret Clearance
5+ years of experience with high energy laser (HEL) systems, including fiber laser technology.
Experience with the integration of laser systems and major components of a laser system, including the optical train.
Experience in HEL weapon systems, including laser systems with gain media, pump sources, thermal management and control systems, opto-mechanics, such as custom design and fabrication, specification and operation, high power optical coatings, substrates, characterization and specification, beam shaping, such as passive beam clipping and coring and collimization, and beam control, such as active and closed loop beam steering and phase control.
Experience with hands on experimentation and test equipment in a laboratory setting.
Experience in analyzing the effectiveness of HEL interactions with materials and components, laser propagation theory, and experimentation, including modeling and characterizations of laser performance in relevant military environments and ranges.
Knowledge of practical problems associated with the design, building, integration, and test of laser weapon systems.
Ability to conduct research in technologies applicable to laser weapons.
Ability to develop and present technical papers and briefings
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
TestPros offers competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, Long/Short Term Disability, 3 weeks of paid time off, 2 additional weeks of paid holidays, education/training and professional certifications, 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match, opportunities for professional growth and much more! All benefits are per TestPros current policies and are subject to change without notice. Benefits are available to full-time employees only.
TestPros, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR