Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Are you a dynamic database administrator passionate about technology who is looking to take the next step in your career? Come join VectorUSA s growing technical team as a SQL Database Administrator (Database Administrator I). You will be responsible for supporting customer s accounts, ensuring the stability of the SQL server and clustered environments. You will troubleshoot issues as they arise, as well make recommendations that will reduce incident occurrence and meet the client s business needs. You should be someone who enjoys and can assist with the planning of SQL Database(s) and Database clusters. This is a team environment with shared responsibility and you must be able to work a flexible schedule when needed to cover specific Accounts, scheduling requirements or projects.
THE SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN : * Experience within the DBA / SQL field
* The opportunity to learn and collaborate with an advanced team of solution architects and pre-sales engineers along with technical delivery architects & engineers
* Learn the major product lines that VectorUSA and how that technology performs for customers
* Experience and professional level certifications with top manufacturing partners
* Build credibility and strengthen relationships with manufacturer partner teams
* Gain insights into industry, technology, and customer trends
HOW FAR YOU CAN GO: * Opportunity to take on leadership roles & responsibilities within a fast-growing organization
* Advancement via education and certification tracts!!!
* Learn from experienced DBA s, working side by side to develop your skills.
WHAT YOUR TYPICAL DAY WILL BE: * Provide tier one support for the Database Administration team
* Install, configure, troubleshoot and SQL databases, as well as cluster technologies
* Perform capacity planning and monitor database usage
* Accurately document procedures, configurations, trouble descriptions and problem resolution
* Work with and provide support to developers to implement solutions as needed, release code, and creatively solve problems
* Participate in incident management and problem resolutions in a timely fashion, escalate issues as needed
* Document all work actions as required by VectorUSA and clients in accordance with standard policies and procedures
* Work with VectorUSA, client and third-party technical and service teams to maintain, troubleshoot and connect technical issues
* Perform advanced systems testing and operational tasks for a wide variety of systems
* Support multiple systems in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day, night and weekend hours.
* Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE: * A minimum of two (2) years of full-time experience with SQL Database(s) and Database clusters.
* MCSA SQL certification required
* Foundational knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Microsoft SQL.
* Knowledge of Virtual Environments.
* Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills
* High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues
* Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
* Ability to travel up to 10%, when needed.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: * Power shell familiarity
* Certification and/or experience working in an ITIL or IT Service Management environment preferred
* Knowledge of indexes as related to SQL