Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
NationalExpress LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group,PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. We operateacross 34 states and three provinces. All organizations share a strong commitmentto provide the highest level of transportation safety, quality transportation,outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. National ExpressSchool (NEXS) operates more than 22,500 school buses, serves more than 550school districts in 31 states and three provinces, and transports more than 1.3million students on a daily basis. National Express Transit (NEXT) operationstransport more than 22 million passengers annually with more than 2,800vehicles. National Express Shuttle (WeDriveU) serves more than nine millioncorporate and university passengers annually. NELLC s corporate headquarters,located in Lisle, Illinois, houses the administrative and corporate supportfunctions for the organization. Our 290+ local customer service centers (CSCs)are supported by regional operations teams located throughout North America.Learn more at nellc.com. RESPONSIBILITIES: * Provides overall CSC operational leadership by directing student transportation services, driver training and vehicle maintenance programs to support the operating plan and overall business goals.
* Provides staff leadership by promoting and ensuring safe, efficient and effective operations
* Monitors staff training requirements and ensure all employees obtain the required skills and abilities to perform their job assignments.
* Sets performance expectations, coaches and counsels all direct reports in an effort to meet operational expectations; administers employee discipline as necessary.
* Ensure overall compliance with Company policies and/or processes. Escalate violations of policy and procedures with General Manager and/or Corporate personnel.
* Oversees compliance with state and district regulations
* Attends meetings with School District Representatives and represents company in professional manner
* Prepares and submits required customer-related reports in a timely manner.
* Documents and manages customer or employee complaints and review customer survey data
* Responsible for knowledge of CSC contracts and accompanying operational requirements.
* Collects and audits employees' time sheets.
* Manages direct and indirect hours to ensure budget requirements are met and collects and audits employees' time sheets as needed.
* Examines and reviews the daily exception report.
* Approves all expenditures in accord with company guidelines.
* Ensures the effective utilization of vehicles.
* Oversees the optimization of vehicle routing
Company name is: Durham School Services
* High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
* 5+ years work experience required, with 3 years in ground transportation industry preferred; this can be waived with a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience. College education can be substituted for up to 2 years required work experience.
* Supervisory experience preferred; specifically experience supervising/training a driver workforce
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
* Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational and group presentation skills
* Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills
* Possess a valid Commercial Driver s License with appropriate endorsements
* Bi-lingual abilities a plus
Durham School Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.