Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
DO YOU HAVE THE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AS A CRISIS INTERVENTION SPECIALIST THAT YOU WANT IN YOUR CURRENT ROLE? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At TRIDENT MEDICAL CENTER we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a CRISIS INTERVENTION SPECIALIST where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We are seeking a CRISIS INTERVENTION SPECIALIST for our practice who provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
* You will provide a variety of social work services to individual patients and their families, identifying psychiatric emergencies by providing an assessment that utilizes DSM IV and DSM V criteria for mental illness.
* You will provide education and support to patients and their families as they face psychosocial and medical problems
* You will identify and secure community resources that best meet the needs of the patient while providing a smooth transition from an acute care setting to an appropriate level of care
* You will be an advocate for patients of all ages when they cannot advocate for themselves
* You will work cooperatively and communicate professionally with members of the healthcare team.
* You may help with direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
* You should possess a working knowledge of the DSM IV and DSM V
* You must have solid organizational skills, be able function independently while communicating in a professional manner with other healthcare providers, patients and families.
* You should have knowledge of community systems and experience in discharge planning and placement.
* License in Social Work, license in counseling, or license in related field is required
* Master s degree in social work, counseling or a related field
* Minimum of five years experience in psychiatric/psychosocial patient care
* Experience in crisis intervention, counseling, and psychosocial assessment is highly preferred
For more than 40 years TRIDENT MEDICAL CENTER has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties in beautiful South Carolina. TRIDENT MEDICAL CENTER is a 320+ bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of patient services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center.
The hospital s specialty services include:
* An award-winning Heart Center
* The South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery
* The Trident Breast Care Center
* The Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic - the region s only outpatient burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages.
TRIDENT MEDICAL CENTER offers critical care services and 24/7 Hospitalist and Intensivist programs. Trident Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of TRIDENT MEDICAL CENTER, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our CRISIS INTERVENTION SPECIALIST opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. UNLOCK THE POSSIBILITIES AND APPLY TODAY!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.