Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
MEDICAL CITY GREEN OAKS
Coordinates all calls coming into the hospital concerning clinical or admissions information. Performs assessments on potential clients and refers to appropriate areas. Coordinates all assessments ordered by ER physicians concerning psychiatric or substance abuse problems. Provides age-specific care appropriately.
* Handles inquiry calls and routes calls appropriately
* Triage patients to determine level of care
* Collects insurance and referral information
* Coordinates, implements and completes admissions process
* Serves as a liaison between physicians, patients/families and the hospital
* Accurately maintains files, logs and reports as requested or required
* Initiates precertification and initial clinical calls when appropriate
* May provide crisis assessments in med/surgical hospitals
* May coordinate, implement and complete transfers or referrals
* May provide crisis intervention for all age groups.
* May manage utilization of services through concurrent reviews with payers and/or interval reviews
* May coordinate discharge planning and facilitate family discharge meetings
* May develop a treatment plan and update with specific goals delineating clinical intervention
* May facilitate process and psycho educational groups (RNs will not provide process groups)
* May meet with new patients and complete the psychosocial assessment (RNs will not provide this function)
* Adheres to hospital policies and procedures
* Performs other duties as requested or required
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct
* Conduct reflects the company's values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct
* Requires a current Texas LPC, LPCi, LMSW, LCSW or LMFT licensure.
* Prefer 2 years clinical psychiatric experience.
* Curent Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
* Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression (SAMA) certifications or attainment during the orientation period.
At Medical City, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select additional à la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement program.
About Medical City Green Oaks:
Medical City Green Oaks Psychiatric hospital celebrates more than 25 years of service, has over 106 beds, and 35 physicians on staff. As part of HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, you will have access to resources that can enhance your career development and progression. Medical City Green Oaks Hospital is a place where one person can make a difference.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.