Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Contact Mary at 310-819-4282 to schedule an interview
* Chemical Operator reports to the Plant Manager or Designee is responsible for Safety, evaluating daily production requirements through SAP and executing production plan. Additionally, complete all quality control functions and documentations. Schedule and perform unloading and loading of tankers, rail cars and totes. Other job functions related to Shipping and Receiving including scheduling, loading/unloading, batch cards, receiving into SAP, packaging of customer orders in pails, drums and totes for on time delivery. Safe operation of a Fork Truck and dock safety compliance is mandatory.
* Preferred Individual must have High School diploma or equivalent.
* Computer and Microsoft application proficient. (Excel, Word, Power Point, SAP)
* Proficient in English reading and comprehension in addition to possessing math skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Candidate with 2 years experience in a chemical manufacturing or distribution environment is strongly preferred. Individual should have a strong commitment to EH&S, Quality, and Customer Service. Candidate must have the ability to operate a Forklift in a safe and courteous manner and also the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Previous exposure to a Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement culture is a bonus.
Special Requirements (includes Necessary Language skills):
* Candidate must be able to read, write, and speak in English. A good candidate is safety conscious, pays attention to detail, and is proactive. Candidate must be able to work indoors or outdoors in the Los Angeles temperatures and be able to physically lift 55 lbs, climb stairs, and be tall enough to safely fill totes.
* Performs all operations in compliance with local, state, and federal laws in addition to safety requirements to ensure;
* Are performed using Safe work practices.
* Wear PPE required for the job (Hard hat, safety glasses, steel toed shoes, gloves, face shield)
* Assists in inventory counts and reconciliations.
* Meets production quality standards.
* Production output meets thru-put standards.
* Produces finish product to fill Customer demands in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
* Participates in EHS Behavior Based Safety program, Daily and Monthly Safety meetings, Web Based training programs, Personal Safety Action Plans and Environmental Operational Management practices.
* Informs Production Team Leader of any inability to meet daily thru-put requirements. Ask questions for clarification as needed, suggest recommends and/or implements approved corrective action.
* Ensure Lab and QA procedures are followed per requirements in addition to ensuring product quality standards is maintained and documentation is completed in a timely manner.
* Daily management of the Shipping and Receiving Department to assure that:
* Orders are evaluated, scheduled appropriately to ensure timely delivery to customers.
* All shipments are prepared to order, properly loaded and offered in accordance with DOT regulations.
* All receivables are properly accounted for, correctly labeled and distributed to the appropriate storage areas within the plant.
* All receivables and outgoing shipments is posted in SAP and documentation filed appropriately.
* Informs Plant Supervisor and/or Customer Service of any inability to meet customer delivery requirements and solutions to resolve and correct this deficiency.
* Participates in daily facility housekeeping within all production and warehousing areas and as assigned by the Production Team Leader.
* Informs Production Team Leader of any maintenance requirements and or activities necessary to insure the safe, efficient operation of plant equipment and systems utilizing Kaizen actions sheets or work order forms.
* Participates in scheduled team meetings to recommend any necessary changes in procedures that will improve quality, improve production output, reduce costs, improve health and safety, and decrease waste generation.
* Engages employees to become a best in Class Company and make it a safer place to work.
* Peer keeping, coaching and mentoring help provide a safe work environment, team spirit and employee development.