Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
For over 50 years, VP Supply Corp has been meeting the Plumbing and HVAC needs of Upstate New York. VP Supply Corp has over 350 employees with 16 locations across Western New York and Pennsylvania. VP Supply Corp serves hundreds of contractors, municipalities, and industries throughout the upstate area.
Our Plumbing and Water department is seeking to hire a Plumbing & Water Equipment Inside Sales Associate with 3-5 years of experience to join our Glens Falls branch.
VP Supply has been a leader in the plumbing wholesale industry since 1965. Our staff has decades of expertise to build customized quotes and designs, as well as make specifications for the most complex projects.
We are looking for high performers who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic, and ambitious team players. Qualified candidates will be motivated self-starters with superb judgment and communication skills, a commitment to excellence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
* Select product and create quotes for plumbing and water equipment and supplies.
* Identify appropriate products and services based on customer needs.
* Daily correspond with customers and vendors.
* Provide order entry and order logistical support.
* Provide post-sale and warranty support.
* Provide application support, including limited purchasing and job coordination.
* Occasionally design for water softeners and well pumps.
* Product knowledge in plumbing, water treatments (i.e. carbon and chlorine), and well pumps.
* Demonstrated knowledge of water treatment and well pumps.
* Demonstrated competency in consultative, relationship building, listening, and selling skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency in business and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency in planning, organizing, and prioritizing.
* Proficient computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
* This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. While a largely sedentary role, some lifting or carrying of items up to 25 pounds may occasionally be required.