Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Local Community Engagement Coordinator
LOCATION: Raleigh, NC - Remote to Begin
START DATE: ASAP
The Local Community Engagement Coordinator will support the Individual and Family Plans (IFP) business unit by working with the IFP marketing team on local initiatives that support long-term membership growth goals. The candidate will be responsible for establishing relationships with appropriate local organizations, such as Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), School Based Organizations (SBOs) and Business Based Organizations (BBOs). In addition to establishing these relationships, this individual will develop the strategy to engage with the organizations' constituents in a meaningful manner.
The successful candidate will be a self-directed, proactive individual, likely with a civic background and prior experience working with organizations that serve the community. Candidates must be comfortable working in matrixed environments and have the ability to influence others to achieve desirable outcomes. Although not required, prior experience working with brokers is preferred. The preferred candidate should live in the Raleigh, NC area and be willing to travel 25-50%+ of the time throughout NC, and have a "boots on the ground" presence in specific markets. Given the current environment and situation, this individual will also need to be creative and flexible for how to respond and be "present" in the market, even if in-person events are prohibited.
* Lead the development and strategy for local market partnerships and local market presence
* Collaborate and partner with colleagues in the existing markets who have community connections and develop a list of appropriate partnerships to reach the Individual and Family Plans demographic of customers
* Execute community outreach tactics and coordinate necessary brand materials, broker presence, etc. at in-person events
* Understand the current competitive environment, including their local presence and local partnerships
* Create relationships with key community leaders, laying the foundation to have a continuous, involved presence in the market
* Act as a brand ambassador and communicate the value and brings to IFP customers
* Participate in the development of marketing materials to support local market partnerships and/or events
Ideal candidates will offer:
* Experience with local community organizations including non-profits, religious organizations, community groups, etc.
* Experience with unique partnerships and co-branding opportunities
* Knowledge of the broker channel or health insurance in general
* Proven ability to work successfully in a matrix team environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong presentation/public speaking skills
* Ability to influence others, build relationships and network
* Critical thinking and problem solving
* Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of marketing or sales experience
WunderLand Group is the destination for creative, digital, and marketing talent. We match exceptional people with great opportunities. At WunderLand, we know successful recruiting can only happen by truly understanding our talent and our clients, that's why our team of expert matchmakers puts your goals first. Our reputation for quality has been verified by the industry, with Best of Staffing(R) talent scores 3x higher than the industry average.
WunderLand is part of the Advanced Group, a talent acquisition and management, consulting, outsourcing, and professional services organization.
It is WunderLand Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.