Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Cook serves our Guests in multiple capacities in the kitchen of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store and Restaurant, including Grill Cook, Prep Cook, and Backup Cook. The Cook always uses Cracker Barrel s recipes and methods of food preparation to prepare from scratch, home style recipes. The Cook has an opportunity to prepare sweet offerings from our fluffy buttermilk pancakes to savory slices of our hickory-smoked bacon to made from scratch Buttermilk Biscuits; all of our breakfasts are cooked to order by our talented Cooks across the country. Come join our team where you will have a chance to put your cooking talents to great use in a daily mission of Pleasing People.
Delivering on this promise means monitoring public health issues that can impact our employees, including the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
To ensure the safety of everyone in our stores, we adhere to CDC guidelines and federal, state, and local regulations. Enhanced safety, cleaning and disinfection protocols are in place which include all employees wearing masks, using wipeable menus, and removing high-touch table items like salt & pepper shakers, condiments, and peg games. Additionally, managers at every store have been equipped with thermometers in order to perform daily wellness screens of all employees to ensure a safe environment for our team and guests.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: * Please our guests by correctly preparing menu items to our high standards of professional cooking
* Meets company standards of quality, safety, cleanliness and hospitality in providing guests with the most satisfactory food possible
* Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example
* Follows Cracker Barrel Old Country Store operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift
* Maintains a clean and organized workspace
* Maintains regular and punctual attendance
Qualifications: * Be able to communicate with co-workers and managers effectively
* Stand for long periods of time
* Reach and lift overhead up to 25 pounds
* Work in hot and cold temperature extremes subject to fluctuations for long periods of time.
* Work in environment where smoke, fumes, steam, and other airborne particles are present
* Work around, handle, operate, and control hot equipment and products in a safe manner
* Work at a pace consistent with changing business volume and demands
* Ability to learn quickly
* Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to build relationships
NOTE: Racism, either overt or perpetuated through unconscious bias, has no place at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, and both our Mission and People Promise are firmly rooted in the principle of valuing what everyone brings to the table. Our employees work hard to ensure that our brand, which is grounded in genuine hospitality and nostalgia, represents only what is good about those things. While our d cor and food may harken back to earlier times, our inclusive culture and beliefs about equality and diversity do not.