Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive team environment. All Nemours associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.
The Research Assistant I performs a primary research role in the laboratory and conducts original research for both internally and externally funded projects of interest to the laboratory. Performs a range of experiments and data analysis under the direction of Lab Head or Research Associate. May be required to perform experiments during certain weekend days or after hours. Assist with maintenance and operations in the laboratory. Assist in the preparation of grant proposals and manuscripts. Maintains both handwritten and computerized records of work performed.
1. Candidate is expected to assist in the generation of mouse models for hematologic malignancies and perform techniques such as oral gavage, tail-vein and intra-peritoneal injections, submandibular bleeding, and harvest and analysis of animal tissues post-sacrifice.
2. Data analysis and the production of oral and written reports, participation in team meetings at which the work will be discussed and planned.
3. Assist in drafting grant proposals and manuscripts.
4. Assist the lab head in preparation of research proposals to external funding agencies.
1. Accepts and gives feedback, gives accurate information, and maintains ongoing communication with principal investigator
2. Organizes and pays attention to detail
3. Builds and fosters professional relationships
4, Defines procedures, sets priorities, manages resources prudently, and maintains the highest possible standards for work quality
5. Schedules time efficiently, ability to set and meet deadlines, and ability to maintain multiple open projects
6. Takes direction
7. Thinks pro-actively and provides clear verbal and written instruction to new lab staff and/or students.
Bachelor’s Degree required
More than 1 year and up to 3 years.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.