Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization and general maintenance of the equipment.
- Carry and load materials to be used on the job
- Follow all company safety policies and practices
- Report any equipment repairs needed to Foreman or Supervisor
- Light repair and maintenance of tools and equipment
- Assist in hauling equipment to and from job site when needed
- Clean up and restore work area when needed
- Wash and clean vehicles and equipment
- Safety training as required by position
- Paperwork filing and maintenance as needed
- Willing to perform other duties related to underground utility construction when not operating vacuum truck
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Education and Qualifications:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Must have valid Class A Driver’s License (CDL)
- Must have Valid DOT Health Card
- Must be willing to travel week to week where needed
- Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related industrial experience preferred
- Experience in a labor-intensive position and working outside in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused environment.
- Mechanical inclination is an asset.
- Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach, and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some clients when applicable.
- Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable shifts.