Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
In your role as an Instrumentation Technician, you will directly support a variety of Department of Defense weapon systems programs. As an engineering technician you will interpret and understand schematic and mechanical/electrical drawings as well as be willing to learn how to solder, build cables and PC Boards. Must be able to layout and fabricate test fixtures and assemblies.
WHAT YOU LL DO ALL DAY: * Work as part of a team.
* Use your skills at electrical and instrumentation.
* Support test engineers and project managers.
* Interpret and understand schematic.
* Solder, build cables, and PC boards.
* Communicate with engineers, technicians, and customers to discover and develop requirements with the goal of optimizing current and future designs.
* Layout and fabricate test fixtures and assemblies.
* Use varies test equipment.
* Support ground station
* Other duties as assigned.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF YOU: * Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks.
* Enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
* Appreciate working on varying tasks and not working one task for long periods of time.
* Enjoy creating and implementing electrical designs and layouts.
* Like hands-on work and not sitting at a desk all day, every day.
* Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians.
* Are good at communicating with people.
* Have a positive attitude.
* Enjoy multitasking.
* Like to travel.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION: * High school diploma or GED and one (1) year of applicable experience.
* Be willing to go through training and certification to IPC/WHMA-A-620 for the basics of cable and wire harness fabrication.
* Experience should include knowledge of electronics such as printed circuit boards, oscilloscopes, CIRRIS Systems high voltage cable testers or discrete wire harnessing.
* Experience should include a working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Windows Operating Systems (OS) for personal computers and MS Office products.
* Must be willing to travel.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government security clearance.
* Must be a US Citizen.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS POSITION: * Associates Degree OR- High school diploma and successful completion of sixteen (16) weeks of civilian or military training in electronics or basic instrumentation techniques and one (1) year of experience.
* DVMs, Oscilloscopes, Transient Recorders, etc.
* Understand U.S. Army technical data packages (TDP) in accordance with MIL-DTL-31000.
* Configuration management practices and engineering change management practice experience.
WHAT WE OFFER: * Competitive salaries.
* Continuing education assistance.
* Professional development allotment.
* Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
* 401K with employer matching.
* Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.