Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
WHO WE ARE
Texas A&M University's Office of Graduate and Professional Studies (OGAPS) strives to enhance graduate experiences and development of all students, personally and professionally, foster and facilitate interdisciplinary/intercollegiate graduate programs and research activities, provide the highest quality support services to advance creative scholarship and scientific inquiry, and foster an inclusive climate which respects all individuals and their unique contributions. Our vision to achieve recognition as a leader in support of graduate education through innovation, exceptional service, and commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit our website: https://ogaps.tamu.edu/ ?
The Academic Affairs Recruiting Office assisted with the creation and posting of this job requisition for the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies.
WHAT WE WANT
The Office of Graduate & Professional Studies (OGAPS) is seeking an Executive Assistant II who will provide high level professional administrative work for the members of the leadership team including the Senior Assistant Provost and 4 directors. In this administrative role, this position offers support to the five units within the office, ensuring the successful operations of: OGAPS Business Services; Data services; the Graduate Records Processing; Recruiting, Professional Development, and Students Success; and the Thesis and Dissertation Services units. The successful candidate will be skilled in time management, maintain attention to detail, and demonstrate the ability to work as a motivated self-starter. They will be adaptable to change, as well as be able to work in a team environment while entrusted to complete individual projects, as needed. Experience with HR responsibilities such as hiring and on-boarding of employees, schedule planning, drafting and managing correspondence and communications, the protection of highly confidential information and/or administrative matters, and coordinating travel will contribute to the success of the division.
The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA). If this description appeals to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
PLEASE NOTE: Some evening or weekend work may be required, as needed. Also, a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (to include at least one previous supervisor) are strongly recommended. You may upload all three on the application under CV/Resume or upon answering the questionnaire you may attach the documents.
COVID-19 INFORMATION: Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: * Bachelor s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Four years of experience in office administration
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: * Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software programs
* Experience in calendar management
* Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written)
* Ability to work in an open office environment and to establish and maintain effective working relationship
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to complete defined work deliverables within timelines
* Customer service oriented in a diverse environment and for a diverse community
* Ability to conduct self professionally in all interactions with students, faculty, and other staff in different academic and non-academic units
* Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: * More than 4 years of professional experience in an office administration role
* Professional experience in a college or university setting
* Some experience as a direct report or executive assistant to an executive position
* Experience in some areas of human resources, accounting, or related business or student operations
* Experience working with diverse individuals and communities
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: * Excellent customer service skills
* Experience in an executive office
* Work independently in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated initiative
* Maintain confidentiality
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, strong written and verbal skills, self-starter
* Adaptability and versatility with increasing office automation and organization restructuring
* Experience with TAMUS
* Working knowledge of Concur, Banner, Laserfiche and Workday
* Knowledge of Texas A&M University rules, standard administrative procedures, and student rules
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency in calendar management and travel coordination
* Event coordination skills
* Ability to create, develop, and implement policies and procedures using a proactive team approach to continuous improvement
PREFERRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS: * Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) certification
SALARY RANGE : $44,912.00 - $57,740.80 annually
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT - Provides support to the Leadership Team including the Assistant Provost and four Directors. Provides long-range planning and scheduling activities. Plans and coordinates logistical and administrative support for events, meetings, purchases, travel, and other specialized activities and provision of on-site support. Creates travel requests and processes travel expense reports. Coordinates and monitors action items, task list and assignments for various projects and events and follows them through to completion. Analyzes requirements for upcoming projects to ensure directors are prepared. Researches, compiles, and applies correspondence for the Leadership Team. Evaluates documents submitted for supervisor s signature.
OFFICE SUPPORT - Coordinates meetings and communications to staff. Drafts, edits, and disseminates materials. Provides administrative support including, but not limited to: scheduling, purchasing, and task management. Researches, interprets, compiles, and responds to inquiries about rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Provides HR support by researching, interpreting, and communicating the correct procedures to assist with hiring and reclassifications. Supports new hire onboarding. Prepares reports, manuals, and publications.
SPECIAL EVENTS AND PROJECTS - Develops and carries out OGAPS staff events, such as Staff Appreciation Week, Back to school Luncheon, recurring staff meetings, and various other staff functions. Works collaboratively with representatives from the Graduate and Professional Student Government to organize our yearly Meet & Greet. Coordinates and makes needed arrangements for visiting organizations. Manages the OGAPS Customer Service Survey providing summary reports to the Directors.
INFORMATION REQUESTS - Assists in resolving complex, highly sensitive, and confidential administrative matters. Assures