Switchboard Operator|Elkhart General Hospital
at Beacon Health Systems
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
- JOB SUMMARY
- Reports to Manager of Telecommunications. Operates clinic switchboard, provides routine information, and directs calls to appropriate area.
- MISSION & VISION
- JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Education and Experience
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a High School Diploma or Equivalent. Previous switchboard experience is required.
- Knowledge & Skills
- Periodic ability to perform STAT runs is also necessary.
- Alert, quick-thinking with the ability to adjust rapidly to ever changing conditions is also important in this position.
- Familiarity with switchboard console, CRT, digital and voice beepers.
- Knowledge of all code policies; the fire board, and all security and engineering alarms currently in use in the switchboard areas.
- Working Conditions
- Be able to tolerate background noise and still concentrate.
- Physical Demands
- This job requires one to sit for long periods of time.
- There are rare occasions for moderate lifting.