Overall Coordination of the receipt, storage, and distribution of all materials. Supports Plant Material Manager on effectively managing material flows to support production requirements and capacity constraints.
* Accurately accounts for all materials, ensuring accuracy meets threshold levels.
* Oversees all material transactions making sure all transactions are accurate and timely
* Supplies Plant Material Manager with accurate information related to materials, MUV, cycle count and Scrap/Salvage opportunities
* Ensures required materials are available and in acceptable condition for Internal and External Clients.
* Manage cycle count and reconcile differences.
* Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customers expectations.
* Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects, kaizens.
* Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
* Manage kanban with usage evaluation quarterly and implement changes.
* Be able to read and understand AWC specs and drawings.
* Be proficient in Excel and Access.
* Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process
* Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
* Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
* Ensures Policies are followed and provides guidance and discipline.
* Develop & maintain relationship with AWC clients and providers.
* Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
* Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and performs periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
* Support and represent company as a union-free environment
* Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
* Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
* Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
* Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
Will supervise hourly and salaried employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Material Stocking/Picking
* Material Inventory Control
* Material Scrap/Salvage Processing
* Small Parts/Replacement Parts Processing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
* Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business, or related discipline; extensive work experience with APICS certification may be considered in lieu of education.
* Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience; wood related preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of supervision experience; multiple departments
* Minimum of 2 years experience using computer based material management and proven proficiency with MRP systems
* Lean training is a plus
* Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel- Extensive Access experience is a plus.
* Track record of successful project management
* Experience in working in a team environment
* Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
* Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and financial reports. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled