Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
We’re changing the world. Let us start with yours.
First Solar’s Energy Services unit seeks candidates who believe in our mission of providing cost-advantaged solar services through innovation, customer engagement, industry leadership and operational excellence. Members of the Energy Services team have a direct hand in offsetting carbon emissions from traditional energy sources by ensuring that our customers’ power plants are available and performing at optimal levels. Every year, power plants managed by First Solar produced over 11 terawatt hours of clean, renewable energy. This is equivalent to powering 1.2 million homes and removing 1.7 million cars from the road.
The Energy Services team looks for individuals who enjoy contributing to an innovative, forward-thinking team, are effective problem solvers, data and results driven and continuously look for ways to improve processes to help us lead the world’s sustainable energy future.
Basic Job Functions:
Directly responsible for a variety of field service functions including, but not limited to, commissioning, testing, inspecting, trouble-shooting, repairing, and modifying solar photovoltaic systems. Additionally, this position is responsible for the supervision of contractors to ensure safe , high quality and timely performance of maintenance activities in the field. This position will act as the primary responder to customer service calls or automated service calls generated by remote alarm notification systems, and will be on-call 24/7. Position requires familiarity with both AC and DC sytems, including inverters, switchgear, transformers, batteries, power meters, computer monitoring systems, associated sensors, PV modules, and PV arrays. Directly responsible for a variety of field start-up and commissioning functions on all components of the PV system including but not limited to execution of pre-commssioning protcols, commissioning protocols, acceptance tests, and customer training. The Power Plant Field Supervisor must keep current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others. This position is located in Canada.
• 1-2 years of experience in a related position, or
• Recent electrical engineering graduate.
• 2 years supervisory experience
• Technical School Diploma
• College degree preferred
• NABCEP certification a plus
• Ability to supervise contractors in the field and ensure safty, quality and schedule adherenance.
• Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others
• Ability to work comfortably in potentially remote field conditions and manage multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to work in difficult customer situations
• Available for 24-hour on-call duty to meet customer requirements
• Strong electrical background
• Proven computer skills in a Windows environment (Excel; Word)
• Ability to use Maximo
• Computer skills involving electronic control systems preferred
• Familiarity with testing and diagnostic equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.)