Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for self-motivated and knowledgeable Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Technicians at our Naheola mill in Pennington, AL. This position creates value by troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventative maintenance on equipment leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. E&I Technicians are required to have a thorough understanding of safe work practices, and the troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. If you think this is the perfect job for you, please read more to apply!
Our Naheola facility is one of the largest facilities within GP. This mill manufactures Sparkle(R) paper towel, Quilted Northern(R) & Angel Soft(R) bath tissue, and Vanity Fair(R) napkins. The Naheola mill also supports a large percentage of the Dixie(R) business with the manufacturing of paper board. The employees at this facility combine a dedication to safety and a commitment to the environment to produce high quality products for our customers. To learn more about our products please visit: www.sparkletowels.com and www.quiltednorthern.com
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE
* Ensure proper operation of all electrical / control system components including electronic components, motors, solenoids, limit switches, PLC I/O modules and photo-eye sensors
* Share knowledge with other technicians for maintaining and troubleshooting PLCs, instrumentation, and controls
* Serve as a vital resource for the manufacturing machinery preventative and predictive maintenance program
* Apply all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies, corporate and Original Equipment Manufacturer standards
* Improve operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools and equipment access
* Assist in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
* Three (3) years of experience as a Journeyman Electrical and Instrumentation Technician in an Industrial environment OR Two (2) years Journeyman Electrical and Instrumentation experience and a Two (2) year degree or higher in electrical or Instrumentation technology
* Willing and able to prove Journeyman status (e.g.; written documentation that shows your journeyman status for the required time frame) OR provide documentation that you have obtained a two year degree or higher in Electrical or Instrumentation Technology
* Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Manufacturing
* Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
* Experience with mechanical maintenance, including fluid handling and conveyor systems, hydraulic systems and accumulators, and valve identification and application, and, welding and machining
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf