Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Gates, we welcome challenges, celebrate hard work, and continually seek new talent to join our global company. Our Siloam Springs, AR plant is looking for Hourly Production Workers. Please review below to see if this might be the right opportunity for you:
PERKS AT WORK
* Great team culture that works together to get the job done
* Eligible for benefits in 30 days or less, including 401(k) with company match
* Paid Time Off starting at a max of 21 days per year!
* Employee Discounts computers, vehicles, amusement park tickets, gym memberships, and more!
ABOUT THE JOB
* In Siloam Springs, we specialize in the production of our Micro-V, Synchronous, and Bandless V-Belts, created in all sizes and dimensions.
* Our process starts with raw materials molded, heated, and cut to size to meet specific orders. When finished, our belts are marked with the Gates logo and shipped to customers around the world.
* A Production Worker will uses resources provided, such as raw material, manufacturing equipment, tools, etc., to build, cure, process, cut, package, and ship products. They will operate and use computers, industrial equipment, powered industrial vehicles, pallet jacks, handheld scanners, handheld tools, etc.
* Shifts available:
* 2nd Shift (2:00 PM 10:00 PM; Monday Friday)
* 3rd Shift (10:00 PM 6:00 AM; Sunday - Thursday)
* High school diploma or GED preferred; 2 5 years manufacturing experience preferred
* Observe and read instructions, gauges, dials, etc. to determine operating conditions
* Must be willing and able to cross-train and learn multiple jobs within work cell
* Ability to observe conditions to ensure their safety and the safety of fellow employees
* Must be able to comprehend policies, procedures, and guidelines to maintain a safe working environment and a high quality product delivered on time
* Must be a team-oriented individual who understands and supports the team approach to manufacturing
* Possess a high level of responsibility and accountability for both themselves and their team
* Must be able to work 40 hours per week, plus overtime, with reliable and consistent attendance shifts can vary from 8 to 12 hours, as business demands
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality and safety standards
* Must have good communication skills, with the ability to carry out written/verbal instruction, write legibly, and keep accurate records
* Basic reading, math, computer, and measurement skills required
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without sponsorship
* Must be able to perform physical tasks, lifting up to 50 lbs.
* Able to stand on concrete continuously during operation
* Able to bend, stoop, twist, step up and down, pushing, pulling and reaching frequently
* Able to wear personal protective equipment as needed (e.g. protective clothing, safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection)
* Able to work around flashing lights and automated, industrial equipment
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Temperatures may vary in accordance with weather conditions and may be extreme. Gates is managed in compliance with OSHA guidelines and requires all employees to wear steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
We know that s trying to fancy the terminology think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyer belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all*
We invite you to learn more about us and our values at www.gates.com/careers.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.