Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
MANUFACTURING/PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR , 1ST SHIFT
Lansing, IL, USA Req #4759
Monday, September 14, 2020
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
CORNERSTONE BUILDING BRANDS Is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play. AS A PART OF CORNERSTONE BUILDING BRANDS, SILVER LINE WINDOWS IS SEEKING AN ASSEMBLY PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR, 1ST SHIFT TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN LANSING, IL The Supervisor will provide support in driving the process of continuous improvement from procurement to product delivery. This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, productivity, costs, and customer service and employee satisfaction/development. The Assembly Production Supervisor will also coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled employees.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
* Maintain high level of visibility with employees. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve employees in problem solving
* Supervise assembly lines and glass/screen fabrication. Experience with GED equipment a Plus
* Meet and maintain internal and external delivery goals of 99%
* Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
* Develop a high performance work team with high levels of employee engagement, morale, satisfaction, and performance
* Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems
* Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data
* Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices.Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required
* Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging employees to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation
* Support associates in understanding company policies and practices
* Maintain time and production records
* Authorize and approve timesheets and time off for direct reports using the timekeeping and payroll system.
* Identify process related problems and actively work with leaders and employees to determine and implement corrective action(s)
* Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
* Participate in continuous improvement events as assigned by department manager
* Participate in the Corporate and Plant specific Quality Audit
* Communicate with and listen to employees on a daily basis regarding team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
* Help employees succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development
* Manages a team of assembly manufacturing associates and team leads.
* Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, and addressing unacceptable behavior
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* 3 5 years of experience in a manufacturing operation preferred
* BS degree in a related field preferred
* Previous experience in work centers preferred
* Previous experience in a window manufacturing operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principles preferred
* Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people
* Experience working/managing in a lean environment
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Ability to bend, squat, twist, push/pull, reach and lift up to 100 lbs.
* Competitive medical plans
* Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
* Dental and vision insurance
* Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
* Life insurance
* Company-matching 401K
* Tuition reimbursement
* Quarterly bonus program
* Culture based in employee development, continuous improvement, and safety
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
* Job Family Manufacturing
* Pay Type Salary