Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Description: This is the senior level of the Power Engineering Technologist classifications. The purpose of this position is to provide senior level experience with technical expertise to accurately analyze complex options and prepare complex power distribution facility designs for residential, commercial, industrial projects and large project work related to the reliability of the distribution grid. Incumbents are expected to have a high level of experience and technical skills in the client’s specific areas of expertise. The incumbent will be in the first level of leadership and assist with training of new employees and act as liaison between client and team with project updates.
** POWER Distribution Utility experience needed**
**DOT Design Exp. Strongly Preferred**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: With minimal oversight or supervision, the incumbent is responsible for carrying out the following duties: • Direct the work flow and activities of Engineering Technologist and others as assigned by management and the client.
•Work closely with the UCS Professional Engineer (PE) responsible charge to coordinate efforts and assure that all local, state, and federal codes are being adhered to as well as the client’s standards.
•Design the most complex electric distribution facilities and circuit construction projects across a wide geographic area including downtown underground projects, extra facility projects, high profile projects, highway relocation projects, and other projects requiring the highest reliability.
•Prepares site drawings, construction drawings, calculations, easements, and any other required documentation for complex installations of electrical distribution facilities Create work requests using work management tools and communicate effectively with client and /or end use customers on schedules, commitments, project feasibility, time frames and expectations.
•Develops relationships with key internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, and city officials as needed in the execution of client job responsibilities.
*Coordinate with construction personnel and client/customer to resolve job site issues related to project design or customer issues.
•Ability to serve as one of the departmental leads to assist with training and providing technical support for other engineering classifications.
•Supports both company and client's business goals and expectation while representing themselves both positively and professionally.
*Act as the lead or single point of contact for large infrastructure projects or programs coordinating a team of technicians, engineers, field resources to meet project deliverables and/or program goals and objectives.
* Learn, practice and promote ALL safety policies and procedures 100% of the time.
*Perform other duties as assigned by management
COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Complex; established procedures not available. Major decision making.
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE WORK GROUP: Influences decisions of major nature. High degree of tact and diplomacy to obtain favorable decisions or maintain good will.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May serve in Team Lead or Project Manager I role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 1. REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required.
2. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Preferred- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or University in nonengineering science, math or business. Minimum Required - High school degree or GED, or Associates degree (AA or equivalent from two-year college or technical school).
Experience : 5-7 Year(s) Experience in a utility power distribution engineering or craft - designer
Desired Qualifications: ** 10 years or more experience designing Major Projects for a Power Utility with an AS degree
** Utility company experience
** BS in Engineering Technology or Engineering from an ABET Accredited college or University
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Not Applicable ON-THE-JOB TRAINING: A combination of job shadowing, classroom and interaction with more experienced employees as needed during first year in the position
A. Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, operational procedures, etc.
B. Ability to write reports, Business correspondence, and procedure manuals. C. Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: 1. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
2. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret spread sheets.
3. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: A. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
B. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Self-motivated, savvy, reliable, trustworthy, as well as technically competent.
• Demonstrated team player.
• Demonstrated negotiating skills.
• Demonstrated time management skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient user of personal computer, particularly Microsoft Office based on applications. • Ability to constructively manage multiple tasks. • Possess valid driver’s license and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement may apply).
• Ability to participate in storm restoration activities as a Damage Assessor, Team Lead or Field Supervisor/Manager
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. How much on the job time is spent in the following physical activities
• Stand 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently)
• Walk 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently)
• Sit 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently)
• Talk or Hear 2/3 and more (Regularly)
• Use Hands to Feel, Handle or finger tools or controls 2/3 and more (Regularly)
• Climb or balance Up to 1/3 (Occasionally) • Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or crawl Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Reach with Hands and Arms Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Taste or Smell None
B. Does this job require that weight be lifted or force to be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
• Up to 10 Pounds 1/3 to 2/3
• Up to 25 Pounds Up to 1/3
• Up to 50 Pounds None
• Up to 100 Pounds None
• More than 100 Pounds None
C. Does this job have any special vision requirements? Check all that apply. ☒Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) ☒Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) ☒Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) ☒Peripheral visions (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) ☒Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships_ ☒Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp focus) ☐No Special Vision Requirements
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Wet, humid conditions (non- weather)Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Work near moving mechanical parts Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Work in high, precarious places Up to 1/3 (Occasionally) • Fumes or airborne particles None
• Toxic or caustic chemicals None
• Outdoor weather conditions Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Extreme cold (non-weather) None
• Extreme Heat (non-weather) None • Risk of electrical shock Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Work with explosives None
• Risk of radiation None
• Vibration None
While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is Moderate Noise (Examples: business office with typewriters, and or computer printer, light traffic)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike Engineering is an equal opportunity employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled
Pike is a Non-Union Company