Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It s the aim of our returnship program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We ve been recognized by Forbes as a World s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide our interns with real work experience, professional development events, and networking opportunities. We're looking for motivated individuals who embody the Verisk Way to Serve, Add Value, and Innovate.
This intern will be part of our Insurance Services Office (ISO) business unit.
As a Compliance & Product Services intern you will gain an understanding of our role in the insurance industry by learning how the Compliance & Product Services team supports the development and maintenance of ISO core products (forms and rules) to ensure that these products, used by our customers, are in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements in 54 jurisdictions.
To accomplish these goals, the program will focus on:
* Case law review, how regulatory requirements impact our core products (ISO forms and rules), and the filing process to get such changes approved by the state insurance departments for use for our customers.
* Reviewing existing coverage provisions for multiple lines of business and understanding the history of some of ISO's court-tested language.
* Meeting with internal stakeholders to understand how various business units work together to help with revisions to the ISO core products and deliver such products to our customers.
* Partnerships with other interns to share what they are learning and to gain insight and exposure to other business units within Verisk.
* Our role in the insurance industry and the relationships with our customers.
* Junior or Senior currently enrolled in college (Risk Management of Insurance major, with property/casualty interest, is a plus).
* Strong writing, analytical and research abilities.
* Ability to both work independently and collaborate in a team environment.
* CPCU exam study is a plus.
* Gamma Iota Sigma membership is a plus.
The Intern Program is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. If you will require work visa sponsorship (e.g. H1-B visa) after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of the summer Intern role.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.