Posted in Other 2 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Xactware, a Verisk business, specializes in technologies for the property insurance, remodeling, restoration, and mortgage and lending industries. Xactware s tools provide claims estimating, contents replacement, claims management, and property maintenance solutions for desktop, mobile, and online platforms. Xactware s services include repair cost research and reports, aerial imagery, and real-time business intelligence. Xactware has been providing cloud services for customers since 1995. To learn more about Xactware please visit us at: Xactware.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It s the aim of our returnship program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We ve been recognized by Forbes as a World s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
About the Role
The coolest software development team in Utah County is looking for an all-star developer. Are you someone who loves agile software development* How about working on a team that is passionate about code quality and delivering delightful UIs* If so, then our team at Xactware is the perfect place for you.
* Awesome apps that thousands of professionals use across the globe
* Great people to work with who are passionate about being software craftsmen
* An onsite gym
* A great building
* Flexible Hours
* A fun atmosphere
* A great view of Utah Valley!
* An appreciation for design and quality
* The desire for high-quality code
* An eye for great UI
* Get chills when you think of an agile software development culture
* A love for unit tests
* The qualifications listed below
You Might Also Have:
* Sweet apps that you have developed that we can look at
* A creative mind
* Mad Skills at some video games, board games, or ping pong
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
* Daily Agile Scrum meetings where you get to say what you have been working on and what you will work on
* You get to choose the task you want to work on next
* You program cool stuff
* Sometimes you will pair program. You will always collaborate with your team
* Participate in code reviews
* Work with QA to resolve bugs
* Some days we just leave the office and have fun team building activities!
* Regular team lunches!
* Fun and energetic teams
* Annual Hack-A-Thons
* Ping pong, foosball, fruit bowls, snacks
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
* 2-5 years of experience or similar ability in software development
* Strong development skills and fluent in: C#; WPF, .NET, SQL, XML, JSON, MVC
* Good experience with developing Windows desktop applications
* Good understanding and exposure to API's and consuming RESTful services
* Good ability to create simple and well-designed solutions to complex software problems
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good knowledge of software development tools and agile processes
* Very strong communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
* Willing to take on hard tasks and successfully completes them
* Good team player. Responsive and pro-active
* Demonstrated competency in their role as a software developer
* At least a mid-level developer in terms of skill, speed, and quality
* Strong knowledge of continuous integration concepts and processes
* Utilizes best practices for software engineering
* Proficient with MS Office, JIRA, Confluence, etc
* Good development skills including writing clean code, knowledge of design patterns, SOLID, writing maintainable and flexible code, and code architecture
* Ability to work in an office environment with reasonable accommodation
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice