Posted in Other 2 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Warehouse Shift Supervisor
Are you someone who thrives on quality and continuous improvement? Can you grow, coach and develop a team? Does having responsibility for coordinating and managing assigned resources and employees for shipment of product and customer service to our customers safely and efficiently sound like a fit for you? Then apply today for the Warehouse Supervisor position, located in our Hazleton facility!
Why Us? At the Johns Manville Hazleton facility, we are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive! We are passionate, we care about people, we perform, and we protect others and our environments. If these values align with your values too; apply to be part of the Johns Manville Hazleton team.
Standard Monday through Friday work week: 2pm -- 10pm (must be willing to work different shifts as business needs require.
* Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements.
* Maintain and enforce good housekeeping.
* Run daily shift/safety meetings.
* Understand and enforce all quality standards.
* Guide ongoing feedback discussions, complete performance reviews and document training and development of employees.
* Utilize thorough knowledge of the warehouse, shipping, receiving and inventory processes including hazardous materials to guide decision making.
* Guide effort to improve operations efficiencies and continuous improvement.
* Create pick sheets.
* Reports to Physical Distribution Manager or EHS specialist status of work, needs and any concerns from the shift.
* Collaborate with other internal departments (maintenance, quality, production).
* Provide the JM Experience to all external customers.
* Problem Solving and Customer Service
* Ability to shift priorities as demands require
* Communicate effectively verbally and electronically
* SAP Experience
* Ability to use a forklift
What You Bring to the Team
* Associates degree OR 5 years of supervisory experience
* 3 years prior warehouse/shipping experience
* Proven ability to motivate
* Proven leadership skills
* Computer literacy -- Microsoft software
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Hear Our Employee Stories
See what our employees have to say about working at Johns Manville here.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.