Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. JOB OVERVIEW
As a Cost Estimator for TE Connectivity's Industrial & Commercial Transportation business units, you will be responsible for preparing cost estimates, capacity analysis, profit and loss statements for new products. You will work independently or as part of a team to create quick accurate estimates based on known product attributes, document product and cost assumptions for use in negotiations with customers and to communicate requirements to product teams after award of projects, have the opportunity to work with colleagues in multiple regions spanning the globe, and you will be a key business partner for product management/ project management/ sales/ and senior management.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Preparing financial models documenting costs at various manufacturing locations.
* Preparing cost estimates, capacity analysis, profit and loss statements for new and existing products.
* Documenting the technical and cost aspects of quotes at each level of negotiation or design change.
* Updating financial models for changes in scope from original estimates.
* Reviewing product drawings and preliminary sample parts to verify costs.
* Understanding business climate of TE customers and end use customers
* Understanding the function and technical requirements of TE products
Relationships and Business Partners
As an Estimator, you will report to Sr. Manager Global Costing. Estimators interact with multiple levels and functional departments including product management/ project management/ purchasing/ product engineering/ manufacturing engineering and the leadership team.
Measures of performance
* Accurate and complete cost estimates delivered on time.
* Accurate and abundant documentation of cost and product assumptions from quote inception to launch
* Establish preferred business partner relationships with stake holders.
WHAT YOUR BACKGROUND SHOULD LOOK LIKE:
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Finance
* Experience in the automotive Tier 1 industry desired
* 8 years of experience estimating experience in the following areas:
* Cycle time to manufacture parts.
* Labor and overhead cost to manufacture parts.
* Material consumption to manufacture parts.
* Material costs to manufacture parts.
* Mold tooling costs to manufacture parts.
* Assembly tools and assembly line costs to manufacture parts.
* Product development cycle costs to bring products to market.
* Experience multi-tasking and conducting multiple requests simultaneously
* Experience communicating with multiple levels / functions within the organization
* Experience completing financial analysis for various types of ad-hoc requests (make vs buy, localization, cost savings, etc.)
* Understanding of financial statements -Income/Balance Sheet/ Cash Flow and how they interact on cost estimation models Lean manufacturing experience desired.
* Standardized VEVA as developed by GE experience desired.
* Experience with Cost Function analysis.
* Must understand business climate of TE customers and end use customers
It is preferred candidate have experience estimating the following:
* Mechatronic assemblies
* Connector Assemblies for harsh environments
* Overmolded and stitch headers
* High Voltage Cable Assemblies
* Data and signal wire harnesses
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Benefits start on day one
* Charity Donation Matching Program
* Competitive Paid Time Off
* Employee Resource Groups
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Healthcare for Associates and Families
* Health and Wellness Incentives
* Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.