Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
PAY - $16.40 / hr. and $.50 shift differential for nights
LOCATION 1601 W. McKay Street, Frontenac, KS 66763
POSITION SUMMARY - Work in a warehouse environment, loading and unloading trailers, picking product, and moving pallets with a forklift.
* Loading of outbound and unloading of inbound Finished Goods and materials.
* Operation of conventional forklifts, as well as all other required equipment.
* Accurately identifies and labels materials in accordance with Company warehouse storage policies and procedures.
* Efficiently performs all activities related to staging, transfer, stacking, and storage of finished goods in warehouse storage locations.
* Accurately logs all inventory data for inbound and outbound orders.
* Identifies and adheres to all inbound / outbound shipment notations, policies and procedures.
* Accurately and efficiently performs picking of mixed pallet order quantities and ensures data / information is recorded accurately and legibly.
* Ensures proper stock rotation by following lot number identification processes and procedures and FIFO methodology.
* Performs general housekeeping (warehouse areas, floors, docks / doors, trailers, and office).
* Independently takes initiative to organize warehouse storage areas and manages floor stock by lot number.
* Ensures all trailers are appropriately locked and secured.
* Maintains accurate Quality, Loading and Unloading documentation.
* Follow all company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
* Assigned shift attendance is required.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Assist fellow employees as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of the position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma or GED
* Two years forklift operation in a warehouse environment is highly preferred
* Must be able to read and write English
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, GMP's, and general instructions
* Good communication skills are required
* Be able to lift 50 pounds on a routine basis
* Push/Pull up to 100 pounds on a routine basis
* Be able to work in extreme heat or cold.
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.