Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Haskell is hiring an entry-level, Assistant Project Manager - Construction team member within the Consumer/Packaged Goods division. You will assist Project Managers, Directors of Construction, Project Directors and Superintendents by completing assigned tasks. Additionally, you will participate in design review meetings to review & monitor design with particular attention to scope, cost changes and construct-ability. Travel and background/education within construction is required and may be full-time on the job site work as needed. Relocation is available.
* Identifies and qualifies subcontractors and vendors for assigned scopes of work. Prepares and transmits bid packages and invitations to bid. Receives and analyzes received bids. In conjunction with the project manager, may negotiate and award subcontracts and purchase orders. Prepares and maintains a purchase control log.
* Participates in design review meetings and reviews and monitors design with particular attention to scope, cost changes, and construct-ability. May be responsible for applying for, tracking and expediting project permits.
* Prepares detailed estimates and cost codes for initial cost control reporting and updates labor cost reports and summary cost reports. Works with accounting to maintain subcontractor and vendor requirements for payment processing.
* Works with the project team to prepare and update progress schedules including short term interval schedules. Assists in planning construction operations and sequences.
* As directed by the project manager, may interact with the client including correspondence, periodic reports, change order requests, submittal of pay requisitions, and response to client inquiries and directives.
* Checks, approves and transmits submittals; maintains submittal control log; prepares and manages requests for information and maintains RFI log.
* Assists superintendent with subcontractor coordination, safety and quality management, and job site reporting and controls.
* Assists in preparation of project close-out requirements including unit cost history, operations and maintenance manuals, punch list management and agency inspections.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction management, or equivalent.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc..:
* Knowledge of the construction industry, including methods, engineering, equipment, technology, safety, etc.
* Ability to monitor resources, including budgets, schedules and materials, in an environment of multiple, competing demands.
* Excellent organizational, communication, collaboration and analytical skills.
* Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities). All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Haskell is a drug-free workplace, all applicants who receive conditional offers of employment will be subjected to pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)