Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Manager, Human Resources
Manager, Regional HR
The HR Manager, reporting to the Regional HR Manager, is responsible for management, execution, and delivery of local HR support and services for the Bloomsburg Campus which includes support of the Bloomsburg Distribution Center. Assures operations and deliverables meet or exceed plant objectives, follow corporate and operational strategies, and integrate as appropriate with other HR functions. Supports the broader HR service delivery model with a focus on customer service and assures alignment with HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) and other stakeholders as appropriate. Maintain the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. Direct and support the work of the HR plant staff (typically, a team of 1-2 positions; in some cases, may oversee non-HR staff). Ensure that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to HR goals, and align with functional strategies. As a, this role has significant authority regarding personnel and organizational matters (e.g., performance evaluations, increases, bonuses, discipline, and/or promotions) but approval and ultimate accountability may rest with the Regional HR Manager.
* Leads HR at a plant and may manage one or more HR Leaders; may also manage site resources such as education and training (E&T), health & safety (e.g., a plant nurse), a scheduler, etc.; manage responsibilities, provide leadership, evaluate performance, and drive service expertise for HR in the assigned plant/site but may flow to the work as demand rises/falls within that region
* Serves on the site leadership team; acts as a coach, advisor, and confidante to operations leaders
* May lead the organizational capability ( OC ) pillar of the Smucker Quality Management System ( SQMS )
* Manages plant HR activities such as hourly recruiting, performance management, employee/labor relations, and local talent management efforts
* Leverage specialized knowledge about the unique plant s practices, business needs, people, and procedures to execute HR tasks
* Support the functional strategy by managing HR Leader(s) in designing programs, policies, and practices to attract, retain, and/or engage talent in alignment with the business strategy
* Responsible for maintaining all compliance requirements for assigned plant HR transactional processes; assure that third party vendors adhere to established service level agreements and provide feedback to the appropriate corporate team regarding performance
* Proactively plan for project, system, and organizational contingencies related to operations and recommend, implement, manage, or support changes under the guidance of senior management; assure that physical, financial, and people resources are managed effectively
* Manage supplemental activities such as community outreach, employee events, etc.
* Assure that customers, partners, and stakeholders (e.g., COEs and other stakeholders such as Regional HR Managers and Organization Business Partners) are kept up-to-date with appropriate, timely, and relevant communication of trends, issues, and services
* Review, analyze, and reconcile relevant data according to established timelines, standards, and procedures
* Handle escalated and/or sensitive requests and issues from an HR Leader; escalate particularly specialized, difficult, or sensitive matters to the appropriate Center of Excellence resource and assure that cases are updated and maintained accordingly
* Provide excellent service to ensure activities provide the intended experience for end users in an efficient and effective manner; manage tasks of self and team to assure deadlines are met according to established service levels/targets
* Schedule resources to assure uninterrupted service to managers and employees; coordinate with other managers as necessary regarding coverage for operational hours
ASSURE COMPLIANCE AND ADHERENCE TO BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
* Lead audits and validations of plant HR transactions; examine and verify HR related data for accuracy and consistency; authorize or approve transactions as necessary
* Develop, initiate, and manage operational process improvements to improve service delivery, efficiency, and effectiveness by partnering with the appropriate COE, other internal service center groups, third party vendors, and others as appropriate
* Regularly review measures to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate
* Assure understanding of HR and plant operations strategies and provide input into team business objectives
* Maintain all compliance requirements; analyze and correct errors and ensure proper quality controls are in place to avoid future errors
* Assist the Regional HR Manager with the execution of the compliance programs, internal audits, external audits, and government audits.
STAFF MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
* Lead team performance and measure results to improve effectiveness and efficiency; encourage continuous learning and work with the Regional HR Manager to identify gaps and solutions; assure support of strategic business & operational direction and seek to drive continuous customer service improvements
* Develop, coach, and mentor staff to build a high-performance team; set goals and facilitate growth and development to meet individualized employee career goals, motivational needs, and organizational opportunities
* Support organizational direction and culture; effectively manage employee performance using established company tools/methodology; recommend personnel decisions (e.g., compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion); assure that company policies and practices are followed and set an example for team members
* Participate in the development and delivery of training for internal staff, specialist groups, or others as needed
* A Bachelor s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Management, Organization Development, or related field is required
* At least 7 or more years HR functional experience required (e.g.
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.