Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Eagle Harbor Solutions is hiring an Emergency Coordinator. This is a direct, full time position with our company, working at our customer s site in Washington DC.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The Emergency Coordinator position will coordinate and direct the planning, organization, control, and implementation of the organization s emergency management activities.
The ideal candidate will be able to support the following functions:
* Coordinating with local fire, law enforcement and community officials along with client s representatives as necessary to ensure the effective administration of the emergency management program.
* Preparing and distributing disaster preparedness material to the employees of the organization, with the intent of offering an appropriate means of educating the employees as to how they may prepare for and protect themselves from the consequences of such potentially dangerous disasters.
* Coordinating the development and implementation of a disaster preparedness training program for the employees of the organization, specifically for the purpose of educating them on their responsibilities during emergency and/or disaster operations.
Required Skills & Experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of recognized principles of emergency management to include familiarity with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and its subordinate component, the Incident Command System (ICS).
* Familiarity with national and DOD requirements, regulation and law relative to emergency management.
* Shall have successfully completed a course of instruction for emergency management at a Federal Emergency Management Agency recognized school or at an armed forces service school.
* 5+ years working at an organizational level developing, coordinating and implementing emergency management plans to include budget to support planning, training and implementing activities associated with emergency management
* Bachelor's degree in emergency management or related field preferred; Bachelor s degree in business or other field accepted with a minimum of 5 years emergency management experience.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.
Security Clearance Secret Clearance
About our Company
Eagle Harbor Solutions LLC, an 8(a) certified company, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, Inc., an Alaska Native Regional Corporation and part of the Koniag Government Services Sector. EHS provides a range of professional services for cyber intelligence and information technologies capabilities to the Federal Government, Civilian, and commercial markets to further the nation's national security and civilian service missions. Eagle Harbor addresses some of our country's most pressing challenges in the areas of Cyber Intelligence, Business Analysis, Emergency Preparedness and Contingency Planning.