Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Eagle Harbor Solutions is looking for an experienced Executive Security Consultant to join our team in support of EHS and our government customer in the Washington, DC Metro Area.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The Executive Security Consultant will provide expert technical advisory services to the CISO & CIO of the Organization. Activities include:
* Serves as executive subject matter expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of business, risk management, security engineering, and regulatory compliance.
* Assess, synthesize, and document customer business requirements.
* Connect cybersecurity goals and objectives with the business mission.
* Evaluate cybersecurity risk in the context of business requirements.
* Evaluate current performance across FISMA metrics and provide innovative thought leadership directly resulting in advancement and maturity across FISMA scorecard
* Provide advice and guidance in the areas of risk management, policy, governance, compliance, strategic operations, emerging cyber threat, defensive and business planning as it pertains to our cyber capabilities
* Work closely with Engineering Management and Enterprise Architecture to be abreast on the technology investments, providing guidance to the projects
* This role requires an individual with a good understanding of full-spectrum cyber operations combined with USAID s mission, who can deliver innovation and solutions for the secure successful execution of the global humanitarian mission of USAID.
* Drive Cyber Innovation for multi-disciplinary projects, initiatives, and strategic efforts across the USAID enterprise on the CIO s behalf
* Working with the Enterprise Architect, establish vision and direction for overall cybersecurity strategy for the organization in alignment with overall CIO strategy
* Perform analysis of customer and industry-specific compliance requirements and gap analysis of customer systems and procedures.
* Contribute to industry and governmental bodies
* In conjunction with deputy PM and Team Leads, develop strategies based on requirements, market trends, products, and technologies for use with customers.
* Develop the overall prioritization, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria
* Identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule
* In conjunction with deputy PM and Team Leads, coordinate the day-to-day activities required to deliver all projects and deliverables on time
* Host regular project meetings and deliver crisp status updates to all stakeholders
* Manage external dependencies and logistics
* Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization
* Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs
* Work with senior technical leads, and client counterparts to develop a technical innovation strategy for the program
* Prepare and deliver technology briefings and white papers to the team and government managers
* Actively participate in client discussions, meetings, and business development opportunities
Education and Experience Required:
* Knowledge and experience with NIST Risk Management Framework required
* 20+ years of working experience in a security-related field
* PMP, CISSP, CISA, SANS, or other relevant certification
* Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of relevant experience. Degree in Information Security or relevant field desired
* Prior experience should include leading large (20+) multi-functional teams to achieve strategic goals
* Experience providing cyber leadership in a global enterprise understanding the challenges that come with operation in the developing world
* Experience leading customer-facing programs
* Demonstrated Leadership with a particular focus on defensive cyber
* Experience advising senior management on information security/cybersecurity programs, policies, systems and elements.
* Mastery of two or more areas of cybersecurity including cyber operations, risk management, governance, information security, cyber architecture, cyber engineering, platform security
* Expected to be a thought leader capable of forging relationships across IA cybersecurity, IT Operations and Engineering Management divisions within the CIO office
* Seamlessly switch from executive-level risk conversations to diving deep into controls and technology to driving high level, strategic discussions around roadmaps and security solutions
* Stay on top of emerging trends and threats and not afraid to question any existing processes and solutions
* Believe that a core component of security s role is to enable the mission, not just to secure it, and the solutions you bring to bear are aligned to the needs of the agency and mission partners
* Experience and Competency with:
* CSAM (or similar tool i.e. TAF, Archer, Xacta, etc.)
* Privacy Programs (PII)
* Incident Management solutions
* eDiscovery/Forensic Management solutions
* Governance & Risk Management & Compliance Support
* Enterprise anti-virus management
* Strong understanding and demonstrated experience applying a risk-based approach to information security and IT assessments
* Vulnerability Assessment and Management
* Security Strategy Assessment and Management
* Infrastructure & Operations Security and Risk Management
* Privacy & Data Protection
* Use and compliance with frameworks and regulations such as FISMA, NIST (800-53, cybersecurity), ISO, ITIL, OWASP, PCI, GLBA, HIPAA, CobIT, and other data privacy and security standards and regulations.
* Penetration Testing
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
* Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize duties based on shifting demands
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Working Environment & Conditions:
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests