Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Technician
Reference Code: 73241
Location: United States (US) - Shevlin, MN
Job Category: Pipeline/Power Operations; Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/29/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility, and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably, and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our USGO Great Lakes Northern Lakes team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Minnesota to assistance our assets in Shevlin and the surrounding area.
We are seeking an experienced Electrical, Instrumentation, and Controls Technician who is proficient in troubleshooting, maintaining, and operating natural gas compressor station control systems and other related facilities.
This individual must be a self-starter and a team player, capable of working with minimal supervision, who possesses excellent interpersonal, problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
What you ll do
* Troubleshoot AC and DC electrical circuits, generally to the board level
* Inspect, calibrate, and maintain electrical and pneumatic instrumentation on natural gas compressor units, valves, pumps, air compressors, and other associated equipment used in natural gas compression
* Troubleshoot equipment problems utilizing technical reference manuals, drawings, and other documents
* Diagnose malfunctioning systems and equipment with test equipment such as a Hart Communicator and Fluke meter
* Troubleshoot and maintain PLC hardware and associated automation components
* Multi-skilled maintenance assistance to other technicians in the completion of pipeline and compressor control system tasks
* Plan, coordinate, and perform mechanical maintenance, to include routine corrective and preventative maintenance, equipment and system improvements, and major maintenance projects
* Troubleshoot, operate, and maintain gas-fired turbine engines, reciprocating engines and gas compressors, standby generators, pumps, low pressure and steam boilers, oil coolers, air compressors, cooler fans, valves and operators, and other associated electrical equipment used in natural gas compression
* Perform diagnostic tests, accuracy tests, calibrations, and replacements of various measurement and regulation equipment
* Locate pipelines per Minnesota s Gopher State One Call system and perform valve maintenance
* Monitor contractor activity while on-site
* Complete work orders, enter data into job plans, create new work orders, etc. in SAP
* Other tasks as required
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Previous experience in a related industry
* Thorough understanding of the test equipment used to maintain control systems
* Experience with PLC s, pneumatic and electronic valves, transmitters, switches, and regulators
* Ability to interpret technical reference documents
* Basic knowledge of engine mechanics
* Experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and related software
* Associates degree to include courses in engine maintenance or electricity/electronics
* Ability to complete coursework and testing for Minnesota State Boiler Operator licensure
* Experience with Allen Bradley and/or Bristol controls
This position requires candidates to
* Have and maintain a valid driver s license and a safe driving record
* Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, to include drug and alcohol testing
* Be subject to call out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work extended days and/or weeks for emergency response purposes
* Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings, or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home
* Be subject to working conditions which include adverse weather and temperatures and cramped conditions
Driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function of this position. Following a conditional offer of employment, the Company will check the motor vehicle records of any job applicant when driving is an essential job function.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 57,900-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 percent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America, heating homes, fueling industries, and generating power. To learn more about our natural gas business, please visit https://www.tcenergy.com/operations/natural-gas/.
Apply to this posting by 09/29/2020 using reference code 73241. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Nearest Major Market: Bemidji
Job Segment: Technician, Instrumentation, Electrical, ERP, Temporary, Technology, Engineering, Contract.